Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 292 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Will have plenty more info and pics soon. Just learned how to post pics from my iPhone. I don't even need my computer anymore. :)

·
Premium Member
2,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well basically this car started as a $400 dollar daily driver that hust needed a clutch replacement. Got her goin again and was cool with it. Then a b16 swap got thrown in the bay because the single slammer blew up. Then the b16 took a dump and went poormans type r. Blah blah blah. Here are some pics of before.

The front end got messed up from previous owner. He was gonna trade it to some kid and for god knows what reason they took the front wheels off. Then they forgot to tighten the lug nuts. So when he left the front wheel came off. Idiot. So he lost interest in the build. So that brings us to now. I'll post some more pics soon. Here is a parts list.

1989 Honda civic dx-been converted to mpfi
2002 rsx-s swap
hasport efk1 mounts
jdm front end
jdm spoiler
jdm front and rear seats
new in the wrapper ef spoon front strut bar
lower benen tie bar
tien full coil over suspension

I've still got some things left to do. Actually lots left.

Would really love finish my wire tuck soon and hopefully brake line tuck. Got some parts being powder coated. I'll throw up some more pics here shortly

·
Registered
43 Posts
Well basically this car started as a $400 dollar daily driver that hust needed a clutch replacement. Got her goin again and was cool with it. Then a b16 swap got thrown in the bay because the single slammer blew up. Then the b16 took a dump and went poormans type r. Blah blah blah. Here are some pics of before.

The front end got messed up from previous owner. He was gonna trade it to some kid and for god knows what reason they took the front wheels off. Then they forgot to tighten the lug nuts. So when he left the front wheel came off. Idiot. So he lost interest in the build. So that brings us to now. I'll post some more pics soon. Here is a parts list.

1989 Honda civic dx-been converted to mpfi
2002 rsx-s swap
hasport efk1 mounts
jdm front end
jdm spoiler
jdm front and rear seats
new in the wrapper ef spoon front strut bar
lower benen tie bar
tien full coil over suspension

I've still got some things left to do. Actually lots left.

Would really love finish my wire tuck soon and hopefully brake line tuck. Got some parts being powder coated. I'll throw up some more pics here shortly

I have an 89 ef hatch dx fully gutted. I am starting from scratch do you mind if I have any questions that I ask you?

·
Premium Member
2,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No problem jdm ef9.

Well today I'm gonna start doin some more work. Got lots to do. Gotta pull my k20 outta the rsx(to make room for something else). Then I gotta pull my dash and get ready for the wiring harness aspect of my swap for my ef. Hopeing to at least have my swap in the bay by this weekend. We shall see. Will have some pics soon

·
Registered
43 Posts
No problem jdm ef9.

Well today I'm gonna start doin some more work. Got lots to do. Gotta pull my k20 outta the rsx(to make room for something else). Then I gotta pull my dash and get ready for the wiring harness aspect of my swap for my ef. Hopeing to at least have my swap in the bay by this weekend. We shall see. Will have some pics soon

My EF is gutted . Needs suspension, seats, seat rails, tires, wheels, fenders, front bumper and paint. Do you know anyone who is selling any of the above?

The rims i have and tires np. but let me know.

·
Premium Member
2,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Actually yea I do. I have tokico blues with skunkworks (skunk2) coilovers, seat rails, fenders.

·
Premium Member
2,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I didn't get nearly as far tonite but oh well. Got the top of the rsx done today. All the wiring harness is taken out as well as power steering andthrottle cables.

On the ef I got all the wires under the hood taken out and ready to tuck and the dash is almost out.

·
Premium Member
2,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Tommorrows plans are to finish taking out the dash, remove the old passenger side mount and pull out my rear crossmember. Hopefully if I have enough time I can get a little further on pullin out the k swap as well

·
Premium Member
2,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sssshhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!! It's a secret for tommorrow. Lol what's up maine. U get your new spindles put back on yet?

·
Premium Member
2,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well got the main piece that I've been waiting to get to get this project really rolling.

also got these today

let's see how much further I get tonite

·
Premium Member
2,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I feel like I'm talking to myself but oh well. Lol. So far I got the dash out of the ef.

now I'm ready for the wiring part. I'm gonna see if I can get rid of this mount now.

·
Premium Member
2,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I don't think there is any love for my ef. Hahaha. But I ain't stopping. Thanks for the help tonight David. For any of you that are watching this here is the rest of my progress from tonight. :)

·
Premium Member
2,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Dash will be going back in hopefully today. Today I am gonna mainly focus on getting the wirirng done and tucked

1 - 20 of 292 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.