Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after the Richmond meet and summer I blew the k20 in my teg up. Nothing special, no rods through the block or anything. Just no compression at all. So I decided to build it up this time.

It includes

Brian Crower Stage 2 cams (Stage 3 will be in after break in)
Brian Crower Valve springs
Brian Crower TI retieners
Brian Crower Valves
Ported and Polished head
ARP headstuds
Cometic Head Gasket
Bored the Block to 87mm
Wiesco Race coat Pistons 12.1:1
IB spec rods
Knife edged crank
Balanced crank
Acid dipped Block
ACL Race Bearings
TWM 52mm Itbs
Siemens 650 injectors
New fuel line set up
Relocated oil filter
Mugen Thermostat
AEM wide band

Quick Vid off my phone of the idle at the muffler
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_CW0Jr18wE

Thats it for new stuff and now for some pics (Car will be running Tomm)

Engine as I picked it up a week ago

Still dirty but its not done yet

One of my favorit things I fabbed up CF mounting plate for the Relocator

K-tuned Pulley set up

Some shots before it let go
Thanks to speed lounge

and the rest

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
very nice. how u like daily drivin in those bride buckets?

·
Premium Member
1,017 Posts
whats up brent

its bryen with the red teg. whats up
nice build man. i blew my bitch up to. same problem you had seems like. who built ur motor?
haha you put ur oil filter right where i put mines. i got the idea from you after i saw ur catch can there. get a green hamp oil filter haha. love man. lemme know how the fitment is with the twms im wanting a pair myself, but dont wanna mod the hood.

·
Super Moderator
26,616 Posts
:up:

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
whats up brent

its bryen with the red teg. whats up
nice build man. i blew my bitch up to. same problem you had seems like. who built ur motor?
haha you put ur oil filter right where i put mines. i got the idea from you after i saw ur catch can there. get a green hamp oil filter haha. love man. lemme know how the fitment is with the twms im wanting a pair myself, but dont wanna mod the hood.
haha yea the greddy one needs the 86 corolla GTS filter. I tried the same set up 2 years ago and couldn't get it to get the right pressure but now its fine at 80 on a cold Idle.

Jon savage built my engine at Hybrid-garage.org. It started on the first key turn. I have some BC stage 2 cams if you need them.

The only problem with the fitment is the water pump needs to be grinded and the skeloton on the hood had to be cut to fit the fuel rail but other than that it fit fine. I prob coulda put spacers on the hood in back but I didn't like how they look haha.

·
Registered
158 Posts
is the oil filter relocater mounting plate adjustable/removable? i'd imagine it'd be a mess replacing filters if it doesn't.

car is sickkk, keep up the good work :up:

·
Premium Member
1,017 Posts
is the oil filter relocater mounting plate adjustable/removable? i'd imagine it'd be a mess replacing filters if it doesn't.

car is sickkk, keep up the good work :up:
the way i had mines mounted, you could easily unmount it flip it so the filter is on the bottom. then its cake walk from there.
dont have pics tho cause my car is down for the moment and everything is off. but im pretty sure bret came up with away to do it aswell.

did you notice a difference in the cams going from itrs to bc2. i made 231whp with the itrs at hybrid garage awhile ago when i got tuned there(well at promotion dyno).

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
my k20a2 made 252 on them with a stock bottom end. They have their own dyno now and they are in a bigger shop. Deff doing it big!

·
Premium Member
1,017 Posts
my k20a2 made 252 on them with a stock bottom end. They have their own dyno now and they are in a bigger shop. Deff doing it big!
nice. yea i havent been up there since. and that was like a year or two ago. dont mind me askin how much was the build. i got basically a bottom end i need to get put together, cause my r took a dump on me too lol. you can pm it back to me.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
everyone keeps telling me around 300whp who knows it will rev to 10k tho

·
Registered
21,788 Posts
everyone keeps telling me around 300whp who knows it will rev to 10k tho
nice, we'll both have some screamers then. I am hopin for the same thing we'll see though, either way i'll be happy once its done. Im sure you are:up:

1 - 20 of 43 Posts