Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 169 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started this build about a month ago. I have been wanting to do this for awhile. So I picked up this del sol from a friend and went to work. I picked up an RSX subframe, lower control arms, and struts and spindles. Built the rear half chassis for the subframe to mount to. Here are some pics from the start. I will update and add pics as I make progress.

Tim

Attachments

·
Premium Member
18,977 Posts
I started this build about a month ago. I have been wanting to do this for awhile. So I picked up this del sol from a friend and went to work. I picked up an RSX subframe, lower control arms, and struts and spindles. Built the rear half chassis for the subframe to mount to. Here are some pics from the start. I will update and add pics as I make progress.

Tim

I recently saw pics of this somewhere...you get definite :up::up:....

can I ask though why you wanted to use the subframe....the last RR conversion I saw just used frame rails....why did you decide to take the "harder" route...

anyway great job, should be a sick car...

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I recently saw pics of this somewhere...you get definite :up::up:....

can I ask though why you wanted to use the subframe....the last RR conversion I saw just used frame rails....why did you decide to take the "harder" route...

anyway great job, should be a sick car...
There are a couple reason I chose this route. I dont like how flemsy and weak the front end parts and suspension are on the eg's. There will be a whole lot more stress on everything in the rear also. The rsx front end parts like the lower control arms, spindles, and the subframe are pretty heavy duty. Plus I can use stock 36mm rsx axles which are stronger also. I knew it would be more work but thought it would be worth it in the end. Here are some more pics.

Tim

·
Registered
177 Posts
:wow:
HOLY SHITE!!!
:wow:

Very impressive, gimme gimme! LOL! Now this motivates me to defly finish the EG-K, have fun with it, than begin something on my 2nd Gen . . . hmmmz B or K?! I know I could do it, but seeing this build . . . I know it can be done!

:up: X many!

more pics please . . . keep up the great work!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Very nice, what are your plans for the motor?
Not sure yet if I am going to go N/A or boost. Will definitly be K24. If I can keep the weight down I would love to stay N/A. But I have already thought out an awsome turbo layout for the rear. There is plenty of room.

Tim

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
yeah man there' s TONS of room back there.

looking pretty sweet :up: gives me inspiration to build my own atom :D

·
Registered
457 Posts
definately subscribed :up: cant wait to see more pics! this is dope.

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
There are a couple reason I chose this route. I dont like how flemsy and weak the front end parts and suspension are on the eg's. There will be a whole lot more stress on everything in the rear also. The rsx front end parts like the lower control arms, spindles, and the subframe are pretty heavy duty. Plus I can use stock 36mm rsx axles which are stronger also. I knew it would be more work but thought it would be worth it in the end. Here are some more pics.

Tim
Was gonna say the same thing the other guy did, but you have done a VERY nice job doing it the way you chose to, super impressed in your work!:up:

1 - 20 of 169 Posts