Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

41 - 60 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
So here's the new swap, full fresh pulled swap with extremely low miles.
Then I got a brand new set of inovative mounts.
Also got some minor work done today, trying to finish now so I can drop the motor in and do the firewall

More filling in, cut these peices

Then welded

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
I would say the wheel wells are about 80 percent shut
Today I pulled all of the rear suspention including sub frames so that I can begin welding from the inner wells, also I can now see some spots that need more filling. But the welder ran out of gas.. :(

Under side shots

Originally planned to eliminate the front subframe and weld a bar in to use as a traction bar but I'm leaning twords a bolt in traction bar now to make it easier to remove the engine out the bottom if that need ever arises

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #46 (Edited)
So I have a donor crx dx in my back yard that has already donated its fenders, heater and blower, door pannels and seats for welding the roll bar in without damaging my nice seats and panels. But my crx I'm building needs a new cabin harness. I tucked it for its last build but I don't like how the tuck turned out. So today I pulled out the tucked harness. I was thinking damn now I'll have to buy another 89 donor, si this time, for the cabin harness. But after reading on the hasport and rywire site they sell conversion k harnesses for si AND dx. Never really thought about that but why wouldn't they. So I've decided my 89 si will officially become a dx for the sake of saving money. Also the si sunroof harness just plugs into the fuse box under the dash so it will work perfectly.

Also I've been staring at this car for a while and if I look at it long enough it bothers me that it could be done better. I get annoyed with tiny details and start feeling down about the project, till I start looking at the build thread of the car that inspired me. Now his car is just a track car and he home built everything including mounts. But damnit it's ugly inside.

The way the frame rail is joined to the car looks very questionable.

http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2609439

Again he doesn't give a damn about show quality but some of the structure of this car looks downright dangerous. But i give credit where its due, without his build i would have never attempted this.
I just remind myself mine won't be flawless but it will be a street legal road worthy solid car. Already can't wait to take it on trips with my wife!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Motor test fitted, fits like a glove!
Still a lot of filling of fender wells to do but my friend Jordan wanted to help today so I said screw it lets put it in!

Still enough room for ac if I ever want to try that.

·
Registered
1 Posts
jesus h christ thanks for tuning me into this man, i would love to see this. That picture of jordan with the sawzall was classic too.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
It's been a while now. Haven't done as much as I'd like. Got two kids now and they take some of my time. Well, most of it. Can't wait till its running, I want to drive it already!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #52 (Edited)
Well, as stated I have (had) nearly no free time and I was sick of it, So I quit my job and I work from home, side work and buying and selling cars. I have enough in savings that I'm comfortable with it so, more crx time!
I've been collecting more parts and doing more work, no pics yet, but I have like 15 boxes of parts in my closet I've been pulling out and taking a strict inventory, I literally have enough to put together almost 2 crx's. Lol
Boxes in the closet
Seats in the bedroom
Full carpet under the bed
Head liner in the closet
Attic has front and rear 89 bumpers, 89 fenders, all exterior plastic trim
Rear hatch and hood in the garage

I'm very lucky my wife loves the crx as much as I do, I can't wait to begin assembling this car, my house will feel huge inside!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Finally got the roll bar all welded in. Next is tabs on the shock towers for custom strut tower bar. Then the deaded firewall, after that the motor comes back out.

41 - 60 of 94 Posts