Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
this is my crx. ive had it for 8 years and recently i watched a video on a rwd gsr crx. i cant stop thinking about it and since i want this to be my last big honda build i want to build a "sports car" of sorts. i want a k since even stock it will be quick and reliable. so here we go...

(also, not to be rude but I'm not posting this for input. Just for fun)

how it sat in the begining of this. it was already mid build when i changed my mind.

this is my buddy jordan helping me chop up a donor

and to be honest i havent been super adoment about taking a lot of pictures so here is the trimmed up version of that cut off front end. more pics very soon

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
thanks guys. heres more

this was my solution for no steering rack. i have seen others use a peice of metal strap welded in there. but i 1/4 inch plate and just filled in the whole hole. much stronger i would have to assume.

i would like to find a better solution to this rather then using oem tie rods, like maybe some kind of arm with a heim joint, but that will come later.

also, i must have already deleted the pictures from us cutting the hole in the floor. that kind of sucks, but anyways..

the day i tack welded this in place was just about 4 hours of moving it around, measuring everything, move it a half inch, re measure everything, move it again...
finially i got it in there square and was able to move on

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
then came the "framing"
(also almost all of this welding so far has been 220 mig running straight co2, it burns hotter but looks a bit messier. truth be told id rather have it look a little messy then have my car snap in half later)

i was a little upset with the x i made in the rear cause its a tad crooked, but i have to remind myself that this project will never be absolutly perfect

this is all of the pictures i have so far but from now on ill take better ones and more often.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Well I gotta say this has to be the dumbest most blasphemous things I've ever seen done to a crx, you must be a big dumb long hair having idiot !

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
so heres some way older pictures, a little insight into what this car has gone through.

the last build was all focused on getting low. so i had done (as a friend called it) a front body drop. i removed the shock towers by cutting them off 7 inches from the top, then i cut off shock towers from another ef 8 inches from the top and welded those on to my car. it raised my towers one inch and gave me more travel and less angle on my upper controll arm. instead of raising the lca mount 1 inch to match the uca, i just used blox "roll center adjusters" aka extended balljoints on ex ef knuckles as seen here...

that should in theory keep the suspention geometry close to oem.

heres the tower pics

so anyways to match the front body drop, i welded in the rear end for the mid engine higher as well. i just jacked up the front and measured the sag of the knuckle. then made sure the rear matched that so it will be "body dropped" evenly front and rear, thus keeping my axles a little straighter and less stress on the joints when lowered. it wont be slammed low but it should ride nicer even just moderatly low.

still need to finish shaving and bondoing the bay. i know this car is a mess right now but it will get there.

·
Super Moderator
26,616 Posts
Interesting build man.. Keep it up :up: Can't wait to see the finished product...

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
took a break from fabrication last night and installed my hush preformance hydro conversion. i did however seam weld the petal assembly for good measure.

just a heads up if anyone uses this kit you cant run a driver side defroster or ac vent. the master cylinder gets in the way of the ducts. i was thinking i may try to redesign the ducts out of fiberglass later.

its hard to get detailed pictures of things like this but you get the idea. more pics later when i install the petals in the car

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
this is the rear of the car. hoping to get the driver side done tonight. once im done with this i can start on fender wells and my roll bar

i cut open the existing frame of the crx and welded the pipe in

most unimportant/cosmetic welds will be ground smooth, more "structural" welds in the end will be coated in this

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Got a peice of metal in my eye at work. Didn't come out on its own so had to see an optometrist. They removed it then used a little sergical dremmel to cut away some of the clear lense of my eye. It was gross to say the least. But I was told to stop work for a few days but I think if I still can't go to work tomorrow I'll start more work on the crx. I've made more progress just no pics yet.

·
Super Moderator
26,616 Posts
Got a peice of metal in my eye at work. Didn't come out on its own so had to see an optometrist. They removed it then used a little sergical dremmel to cut away some of the clear lense of my eye. It was gross to say the least. But I was told to stop work for a few days but I think if I still can't go to work tomorrow I'll start more work on the crx. I've made more progress just no pics yet.

Damn man sorry to hear that.. Sounds painful at the very least.. Get some eyeglasses for sure next time.....

·
Registered
84 Posts
Damn man I hope you're doing better :/

Wear safety glasses next time! An hour later you don't even realize that they're there lol

1 - 20 of 94 Posts