Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 · (Edited)
Got the front rolling. Not as nice looking as inboard shock would have been, but I am trying for that old school look of the first Lotus 7's.
I did get Shifter and cables,Kpro and wireing with o2 sensor,header flange, bends and collecter, rear fenders,remote oil filter,seat belts,hearlights and tires. I sold the Tow'ds

·
Registered
782 Posts
This thing is going to be sick.

Off to a great start, sir! Love the look so far. :worship:

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
It is a Kpro #10378 ? Thanks

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
Have you wired it up per Hondata's wiring diagram? Does the car start and drive?

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Its been so long since I have worked on this. I did start it once with stock ECU but shut it down because I could not remember if I had oil pump on motor, all it did was fire no idle. All I remember is I had motor out to try alum. pan and was going to install K20 pump. So now engine is coming out with trans and all the parts I have for both are going in. Just never really getting a good feeling about all this Honda stuff may just take to someone to install parts and or rebuild. But never in all my builds have I ever found a good engine builder.
So this is why I am looking for someone to bounce what to do off. Heck I don't even have a exploded view of engine and trans? Pretty bad I know.

It would drive if motor ran. It stops, steers, shifts, clutch, throttles, water does not leak and fuels.
Micron, wiring, belts, rear shock mounts and body is on list to finish

·
Registered
44,673 Posts
How long has the motor been sitting?

Fuel/spark/compression on all cylinders?

Turn on the motor/ecu and verify all of the sensors are working in the K-pro software.

Start from there. Also, please post the motor info (specs/mods/etc.).

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 · (Edited)
I have for motor 2004 k24a2, 70mm tb, rcb man, Drag Cartel DIC, chain tensioner, rsx oil pump light fly wheel and some larger injectors. Plan was to see if car was worth it then build a motor. Maybe better to start with newer tsx. Like to build 250hp and live?
Just made a 190hp Meyers Manx for auto cross and want to go faster

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hi Langan,
Thats an awesome car you built there, I hope to one day be able to do the same. In regards to the motor, what you have can support 400hp without breaking a sweat and will be dead reliable at that level. There are guys pushing over 600hp out of these engines without cracking them open, so throw it in and bask in the glory that your ultra-lightweight chassis provides you. With such low weight and 400hp the car should be a rocketship...

·
Registered
2 Posts
The reason I'm on the forum is that I want to combine your two cars. I'm planning a Midlana chassis with a manx type body on it. Basically a newer version of a Deserter GS. Most of you probably know what that is if you were ever in to buggies. Google it if not. Cool little cars.

Attachments

21 - 35 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.