Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

161 - 180 of 233 Posts

·
Premium Member
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #162
Nice ! I like the design of it. Lots of nice parts going into this 👍
Out of the 6 Brands they had in showroom and different designs, this one felt the best, was not cheap either but safety and functionality is worth the money, this baby price tag was $829, plus brackets another $69.

·
Premium Member
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #164 (Edited)
Ok, finially talked to my shop and we are 100% going with Darton Sleeves and i want to use Wiseco Piston but what compression to use on Turbo Setup, i had 8.9.1 but it was Standard bore size, and i can't seem to be able to find same compression on the 89mm bore from Wiseco, what compression is safe do you guys think. I can get 9:3:1, 10:6:1, 11:6:1, 12:9:1 and up but i think anything higher is trouble waiting to happen lol on a Turbo setup. @LotusElise @KBuilt

·
Registered
653 Posts
I would want to see 10:1 or so if it were me, more compression the better lol and it will help with low end torque before the turbo spools all the way.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Low compression motors can be a bit sluggish in the lower rpm from my experience, maybe it wouldn’t be the same with a k20 as a d or b series but In my opinion Between 10 and 11:1 CR is the sweet spot for pump gas or e85

·
Premium Member
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #168
Low compression motors can be a bit sluggish in the lower rpm from my experience, maybe it wouldn’t be the same with a k20 as a d or b series but In my opinion Between 10 and 11:1 CR is the sweet spot for pump gas or e85
Not touching CR personally lol, Wiseco all the way so 10:4:1 would be all i can get on the 88MM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #171
I found some 11:4:1 do you think that is to high

·
Premium Member
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #172

·
Registered
653 Posts
I found some 11:4:1 do you think that is to high
11.5 is what a stock k20a compression is and people boost those, but I’m not sure of the limits with compression and pump gas. With 11:1 or above you may want e85 only

·
Premium Member
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #174
11.5 is what a stock k20a compression is and people boost those, but I’m not sure of the limits with compression and pump gas. With 11:1 or above you may want e85 only
Yea i went with 10:4:1 so we will see how she handles with boost, should not have to use as much boost with compression being tag higher, also have to look in to what it would take and benefits of E85 as my town has it at the pump.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Yea i went with 10:4:1 so we will see how she handles with boost, should not have to use as much boost with compression being tag higher, also have to look in to what it would take and benefits of E85 as my town has it at the pump.
You want E85. Cooling effect and more power over pump gas. The tuner can do more with it as well , it burns cleaner etc. Just need a compatible fuel pump and filter , injectors that don’t have stainless steel internals will gum over time. But you can use normal injectors if you don’t let it sit in the system for too long.

·
Premium Member
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #176
You want E85. Cooling effect and more power over pump gas. The tuner can do more with it as well , it burns cleaner etc. Just need a compatible fuel pump and filter , injectors that don’t have stainless steel internals will gum over time. But you can use normal injectors if you don’t let it sit in the system for too long.
Is there is guide somewhere here on forum about best parts to use, like the pump and injectors, I went ahead and sent in my kpro v3 to upgrade to v4 as well hopefully will be back in a week or so.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Is there is guide somewhere here on forum about best parts to use, like the pump and injectors, I went ahead and sent in my kpro v3 to upgrade to v4 as well hopefully will be back in a week or so.
I’m sure with some searching something could be found, but I’m not aware of one. Just a short list of things I’m aware of on the subject :
-255/340 fuel pumps on relay can support 600hp
-340 pump or bigger —needs—a relay setup the stock wiring isn’t enough
-anything over 500 whp you’re probably wanting 1600 or 2200 cc injectors to keep them at comfortable duty cycle and meet demands.
-using anything other than pump gas flush the system regularly if the car sits or injector filters and fuel filters and inside of oem gas tanks can be messed up and corroded
-oem hard lines/6 an feed line is good for 500 or so hp, anything bigger you would likely want a -8 or -10 with a -6 return.
-ID,Bosch, South Bay, AUS, grams are all reputable companies just to name a few for injectors
-use high impedance (saturated) injectors only. Low impedance will damage the ecu and wiring
Just some stuff off the top of my head lol

·
Premium Member
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #178
I’m sure with some searching something could be found, but I’m not aware of one. Just a short list of things I’m aware of on the subject :
-anything over 500 whp you’re probably wanting 1600 or 2200 cc injectors to keep them at comfortable duty cycle and meet demands.
-using anything other than pump gas flush the system regularly if the car sits or injector filters and fuel filters and inside of oem gas tanks can be messed up and corroded
-oem hard lines/6 an feed line is good for 500 or so hp, anything bigger you would likely want a -8 or -10 with a -6 return.
-ID,Bosch, South Bay, AUS, grams are all reputable companies just to name a few for injectors
-use high impedance (saturated) injectors only. Low impedance will damage the ecu and wiring
Awesome man, sure glad you are on this site hehe, I will be going with fuel cell and removing the oem tank and I already purchased all new lines i think 8 diameter is what i purchased, any brand for fuel pump that is reliable, I heard that Walbro can be loud but not sure if they fixed that yet with the newer pumps they have out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #179
This purchase hurt a little lol, but it will be well worth it for the safety and reliability, I went with Radium 15 Gallon fuel cell, Radium FCST Fuel Cell Surge Tank and will run 2 Surge Tank Pumps and 1 Lift Pump AEM 50-1200 E85, I know 2 fuel pumps are overkill but why not lol, next is Radium High Flow Fuel Filters with Stainless 100 micron element, my list is getting smaller on things I need to buy so when car comes back home I will have most things to start setting it up.

·
Premium Member
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #180 (Edited)
Fuel Injectors now, looks like DeatschWerks 2200cc and the 1500cc will be good for E85 as they are stainless steel so should not rust and clog the injectors.
Now I know if you go to big on Injectors it can fuck with idle, will the 2200 be to big?

I used this chart to get me a idea on size of injectors
RC Fuel Injection > Technical and based on 43.5 psi and Fuel Consumption set at .6 its calling for 1182cc injectors to run 600HP

161 - 180 of 233 Posts