Both adjustable Skunk2 cam gears

Also got Ultra Valves from Skunk2

And Skunk2 Pro Series full coilovers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #142
Finishing removing all the sound deadener from the car before the roll cage that will start on monday

·
Premium Member
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #143
Took me 3 hours to finish this part, now i do have more cleanup to do but majority of work is done thanks to Dry Ice

·
Premium Member
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #144
With all the work i have decided to remove the entire heater and blower core behind the dash and just have basic electrical needed to run the car, passenger airbag removed as well as i will have race 2 race seats with 5 point harness for safety. Entire airbag system will be removed, does anyone know if there is way to disable lights on dash that will come up with everything removed lol or do i just get a custom gauge.

·
Premium Member
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #146 (Edited)
Removed the water sponge lol, will have to find alternative that is way better then this crap

·
Premium Member
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #147
Small progress, got rid of all or most of the rust and painted to protect metal.

·
Premium Member
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #149
Very good. What did you spray on the suspected surface to protect it?
Its paint to protect metal against rust, i had it in my shop from another project, car is going in for roll cage today once it comes back the entire inside will be getting redone and painted by a shop close to me, i am changing the car from this crapy gold to metallic blue inside and outside of the car.

·
Registered
362 Posts
With all the work i have decided to remove the entire heater and blower core behind the dash and just have basic electrical needed to run the car, passenger airbag removed as well as i will have race 2 race seats with 5 point harness for safety. Entire airbag system will be removed, does anyone know if there is way to disable lights on dash that will come up with everything removed lol or do i just get a custom gauge.
What lights are you trying to get off? ABS and SRS I believe you can disable by removing (or cutting) a few wires from one of cluster connectors.

·
Premium Member
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #151
What lights are you trying to get off? ABS and SRS I believe you can disable by removing (or cutting) a few wires from one of cluster connectors.
SRS lights and seatbelt as non of that will be used, both front seats will be racing seats with 5 point harness, both driver and passenger airbags are out.

·
Registered
362 Posts
SRS lights and seatbelt as non of that will be used, both front seats will be racing seats with 5 point harness, both driver and passenger airbags are out.
For the seat belt light, is it actually on? From what I can find in the service manual the seat belt latch switch is closed when unbuckled, therefore if you remove the seat that circuit would always be open. According to the multiplexer an open circuit means the belt is latched, it shouldn't know any different.

SRS light is easy. Looks like you have an '01-'02 so let's see if it's the same as my car. Look for a pink wire in cavity B14 on the blue cluster connector. If you remove that terminal or cut the wire the SRS light should never come on. If you have side air bags find a pink/blue wire in cavity A21 on the green cluster connector. Do the same thing with that one.

·
Premium Member
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #153
For the seat belt light, is it actually on? From what I can find in the service manual the seat belt latch switch is closed when unbuckled, therefore if you remove the seat that circuit would always be open. According to the multiplexer an open circuit means the belt is latched, it shouldn't know any different.

SRS light is easy. Looks like you have an '01-'02 so let's see if it's the same as my car. Look for a pink wire in cavity B14 on the blue cluster connector. If you remove that terminal or cut the wire the SRS light should never come on. If you have side air bags find a pink/blue wire in cavity A21 on the green cluster connector. Do the same thing with that one.
Awesome, thanks for the help.

·
Premium Member
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #154
Today car got dropped of to shop to start on Roll Cage and when i was there i found a shop that had 20+ different racing seats in showroom to try and fit me,
end result is that walked away with OMP WRC-R Racing seat and Steel Side Mount Seat Bracket and also picked up OMP Saloon 6 Point 2/3X3 FIA Harness and Arai GP-7 Helmet for track days.

·
Premium Member
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #155
Small update, finally got the racing shit cable from K-Tuned today

·
Registered
653 Posts
Small update, finally got the racing shit cable from K-Tuned today

Racing shit cable 😂 those look super nice, I would like to upgrade to the billet box and cables eventually. Nothing quite like going into gear with all billet goodness.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Today car got dropped of to shop to start on Roll Cage and when i was there i found a shop that had 20+ different racing seats in showroom to try and fit me,
end result is that walked away with OMP WRC-R Racing seat and Steel Side Mount Seat Bracket and also picked up OMP Saloon 6 Point 2/3X3 FIA Harness and Arai GP-7 Helmet for track days.
Let’s see what the seat looks like 😎

·
Registered
653 Posts
hehe, Seat is with the car so won’t see that till i get my car back from roll cage build, but here i found pic of the seat i got

Nice ! I like the design of it. Lots of nice parts going into this 👍

141 - 160 of 233 Posts