Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
401 - 420 of 438 Posts

·
Premium Member
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #401 ·
Got the entire back end removed and I can’t find anywhere new bushings for trailing arms,

Honda sells the entire arm with that peace but no parts separate, wtf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #402 ·
Cleaned up both knuckles that i got from junk yard and painted, new hubs pressed, now just have to wait on bushings and couple other parts and rear will be done.

·
Premium Member
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #403 ·
It’s been a little bit since i updated as I been waiting on parts, it’s a rough year to get anything from companies last 12 months
Got this today so front end will be done

·
Premium Member
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #404 ·

I had to do some research to make sure them will fit on 17 inch rims and brembo makes it easy they have diagram for each one of there setups where you can check wheel base to see if either offset or rim size will fit, with this wheel offset at 38 and 17x7 she fits nice, i have 14.9mm gap from caliper to front of the rim and about 5mm from caliper to wall of the rim.

·
Premium Member
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #406 ·
17" rims come along with a little disadvantage at mass inertia. Are those extra leight weight rims?
Well if you want 5 stud rotors and rims 17 is is what you will have to go with to either clear oem calipers or aftermarket.

·
Premium Member
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #407 ·
17" rims come along with a little disadvantage at mass inertia. Are those extra leight weight rims?
Also, the rims are just cheap once i could get now, my enkei will be here in April, they will be 19 pounds per rims, but i seen a good setup on Boersma racing, they are running a honda civic with B series engine, they went as far as 19 inch front and 17 back, i think they are running 285 front and 225 back. They are killing it on track with that setup and they are making around 600hp on that motor.

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
8,024 Posts
Also, the rims are just cheap once i could get now, my enkei will be here in April, they will be 19 pounds per rims, but i seen a good setup on Boersma racing, they are running a honda civic with B series engine, they went as far as 19 inch front and 17 back, i think they are running 285 front and 225 back. They are killing it on track with that setup and they are making around 600hp on that motor.
Wowwow, a lot of metal for running tires: 18 pounds. My fuel saver car runs 45 Euro rims, where each weighs 11.9 pounds. It is forged alu (11 hole rim from AUDI A3), looks awfully, but are sooo lightweight, I couldn't resist on that price. But, yeah, my fuel saver makes only 100 hp and 176 ftlb at flywheel, so it is a 6x15 rim 😅. Some turbo quattro's use it for 1/4 mile. What about a 19" monster rim with 15.5 pounds from MB-Design called the MF1?

·
Premium Member
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #409 ·
Yea but 19 is way to big and would need a lot of modifications to fit in front, plus who wants to pay $800+ a wheel and how strong is it being so light, needs to be able to withstand 600hp and lot of abuse lol

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
8,024 Posts
Yea but 19 is way to big and would need a lot of modifications to fit in front, plus who wants to pay $800+ a wheel and how strong is it being so light, needs to be able to withstand 600hp and lot of abuse lol
Yeah, I see you made yourself already a lot of thoughts about it. I will lean back and listen 🍿.

·
Premium Member
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #411 · (Edited)
Rear end all done finally, got the control arms and stabilizing bar, calipers, new break lines all around front and back, next step is fuel and engine setup.

·
Premium Member
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #412 ·
Got the car weight tonight, its not done yet but wanted to see where i was at already

Amazon got all kind of shit you can spend money on lol

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
8,024 Posts
Got the car weight tonight, its not done yet but wanted to see where i was at already
Looks like a good result, 60:40 is no bad basis for a FWD to setup for track. Are you leaving it like it is or did you conclude an action to change the result in some direction?

·
Premium Member
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #414 ·
There will be change, race seat will be 20 pounds, I my self am at 180 pounds, fuel will be 15 gallons max at that is about 120 pounds, so some weight will go on the back and the front will get better balance, When its all done looks like ill sit at over 2500 pounds and I was hoping to stay under 2200 , There is no place to get 300 pounds out on the car, car is fully stripped.

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
8,024 Posts
There is no place to get 300 pounds out on the car, car is fully stripped.
There is always one. The friend's drag race Civic (5th Gen.) weighs 1587 lbs, another friends Civic (7th Gen.) weighs less then 2100 lbs, ready to drive. Windows out of plastic and so on...same as with the big sales house, you get almost everything if put another coin in 😎.

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
8,024 Posts

·
Premium Member
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #418 ·
Wow, it does full fill it's names attitude, no restrictions on intake and exhaust, almost none on the head and block 😲. The money pit race class.
Yea, with my configuration, power I am making, its not many places to go, and also in max you can go all out on mods and power.

·
Premium Member
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #420 ·
Yea I think so, Ill have to see what type of cars will be in it, my guess mustangs, Corvettes etc will be in this class

401 - 420 of 438 Posts