Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

381 - 400 of 402 Posts

·
Premium Member
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #384
Not sure i have not had time, had my hands full with painting the inside of the car, primer is done, tomorrow hopefully is final paint

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #387
Very nice progress man! I hope your lungs are still well.
heheh, yea it helps having good protective gear so you don’t have to inhale that crap, tomorrow will be applying the color hopefully to finish it off and have guy coming Friday to install new windshield and back window, then the fun begins, fuel cell, power, motor, transmission is done just have to now put some hondabond on and seal it and transmission will be ready to be installed.

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
7,246 Posts
heheh, yea it helps having good protective gear so you don’t have to inhale that crap, tomorrow will be applying the color hopefully to finish it off and have guy coming Friday to install new windshield and back window, then the fun begins, fuel cell, power, motor, transmission is done just have to now put some hondabond on and seal it and transmission will be ready to be installed.
Definitely. I did during my paint action of the 11 hole rims of AUDI for my fuel saver project. It was a alcohol based solvent and it attacked my throat mucosa, it bled a bit. Since then the throat need a bit more care, as it lost a bit of its full throttle defend capacity, maybe it need's Hondabond 😉. Anyway, seems like a good plan as everything is already at your place, isn't it?

·
Premium Member
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #389
Definitely. I did during my paint action of the 11 hole rims of AUDI for my fuel saver project. It was a alcohol based solvent and it attacked my throat mucosa, it bled a bit. Since then the throat need a bit more care, as it lost a bit of its full throttle defend capacity, maybe it need's Hondabond . Anyway, seems like a good plan as everything is already at your place, isn't it?
Yea, i got a small shop at home to be able
to work on this project, here is todays result

·
Premium Member
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #391
Nice color choice for sure. Cage looks great 👍
It's a one stage color so has clear in it, buddy of my here in town has a paint shop so he got all the goods for me, price was not cheap for this and I am thinking after this summer to do same color on the outside and bay but not 100%, for sure the bay, doors and trunk.

·
Registered
97 civic HX K24a
1,186 Posts
It's a one stage color so has clear in it, buddy of my here in town has a paint shop so he got all the goods for me, price was not cheap for this and I am thinking after this summer to do same color on the outside and bay but not 100%, for sure the bay, doors and trunk.
It would look nice if everything was that color, but it’s dark enough that you could really contrast any color choice you could think of against it. I like dark colors for leaving options open to different themes later on

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
7,246 Posts
Will you paint it a secend
Got the hood i ordered 3 months ago finally today, ViS Racing carbon fiber :)
Very nice looking hood man 🆙. What is the function of that attached fibre plate on the front (upper part of the picture)?

·
Premium Member
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #395
Its just a lip, maybe from protecting the hood being slammed down, not sure.

·
Premium Member
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #398
No to painting the hood lol the Carbon Fiber looks and feels amazing.

The middle has a opening for air, not sure if i will utilize it yet.

·
Premium Member
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #399
Your turbo manifold is going to benefit from that vent, sidewinders get pretty damn hot.
Yea reason why i got the hood with opening in the middle it will be almost right by the sidewinder to supply it with fresh air.

·
Premium Member
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #400
Wiring is coming along great, re-looming all the wires from truck to front and all wiring from bay to hood, Took me couple hours to pull out old knuckles on the rear, right side one bolt froze and was a bitch getting it cut out, torched it, pounded crap out of it and nothing lol, use a sawzall 3 blades later damn thing is out, got to just test fit the new rsx type s rear knuckles and they fit perfect,

I got new rotors and calipers on the way and got already new hubs, will replace all new bushings and this time put some anti seize on the damn bolts for easy removal.
Got the rsx knuckles from junk yard both left and right for $100, new they will run for $260 each, he gave me the sensors as well.

381 - 400 of 402 Posts