Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

341 - 360 of 402 Posts

·
Premium Member
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #343
Another late night and got the new oil pump ported for better oil flow at high rpm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
7,246 Posts
So i just got of the phone with the shop and they say the gasket i got 0.85mm is good as i am running turbo and high rpm, they said i can go tad lower but with turbo i should stay there, so i guess ill run with this and see what type of number i get, ill order the .03mm from toda just to have it on hand.
Yeah, they are maybe right, a three layer system need an appropriate height to be stable enough. Just ask TODA if their special design can offer another option for you. Others ran also lower squish heights with their turbos, it is no no-go, but a disadvantage.

I wrote a longer paragraph why it is recommendable to decide the pistons as the very last part of an engine built and why blue printing in front of that is so important. But I skipped it, sounded too cautionary. Joe was straight on that:

If you're building one of these engines correctly the very last thing you buy is the pistons...ALL of this needs to be measured and confirmed BEFORE the pistons are ordered.
He built the very first K-series engine (series #35 or so) in the US, maybe you will keep that in mind for your next built.

·
Premium Member
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #349
Thanks ! I may order one for my next motor, got a bare accord k24 block and a complete z1 head I’m going to start working on.
lol how many engines do you got, I just told my buddy that buys cars at auction to find me a smashed rsx type s for extra motor and parts

·
Registered
97 civic HX K24a
1,188 Posts
lol how many engines do you got, I just told my buddy that buys cars at auction to find me a smashed rsx type s for extra motor and parts

Lol Unfortunately only 1 complete longblock thats in my car 🙄 the other one is a k20z1 that is bare, and a k24a4 that is bare.

·
Registered
97 civic HX K24a
1,188 Posts
Lol Unfortunately only 1 complete longblock thats in my car 🙄 the other one is a k20z1 that is bare, and a k24a4 that is bare.
extra motors are always a good idea lol I probably won’t be able to start building the 24/20 for awhile , but I will slowly pick away at it. I would like to do a nice nitrous shortblock

·
Premium Member
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #352
We are getting close, got the oil pen and timing done, bottom timing plate from skunk2 installed.

·
Registered
97 civic HX K24a
1,188 Posts
We are getting close, got the oil pen and timing done, bottom timing plate from skunk2 installed.

Those timing covers are sooo nice lol. I just let the one off the accord motor sit in degreaser for a couple days, I’m debating wrinkle black or if I should start sanding it for polish.

·
Premium Member
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #354
I am waiting on K-Tuned Valve cover to become available again, they said 2 weeks till its back in stock.

·
Premium Member
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #355
Finishing muck up of Power steering relocate, will fix hood clearance finally, have to clean up the power steering pump and got new alternator and water pump on the
way

·
Premium Member
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #356
Got to modify the water plate a lot to make this manifold fit lol

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
7,246 Posts
...I would like to do a nice nitrous shortblock
Word! Yeah, that would be a very nice engine. Super power screamer :p.

The cam timings were from the clay procedure: intake full retarded, exhaust full advanced?

Got to modify the water plate a lot to make this manifold fit lol
Yeah, Skunk2 overlooked this when designing the ultra race IM. How do you like the KTuned relocation kit?

·
Premium Member
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #359
Looks super nice, you should just have to cut that top ear off right ?
No man, I had to chop a lot of shit off, I am not done yet either lol, have to do one more cut to get the clearance finished.

·
Premium Member
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #360
Word! Yeah, that would be a very nice engine. Super power screamer :p.

The cam timings were from the clay procedure: intake full retarded, exhaust full advanced?

Yeah, Skunk2 overlooked this when designing the ultra race IM. How do you like the KTuned relocation kit?
No, I clayed it the last one I told you, I can go to 4 on Intake side safely and would not go past 3 1/2 on exhaust side, and you are correct Skunk2 did a shit job on the Manifold to make it fit, the right side on the bottom you got to cut a lot off to make it fit properly, Ill have final pictures of the cut tonight.

341 - 360 of 402 Posts