Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 202 Posts

·
Premium Member
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My D17a2 engine blew up so I decided to do what i been wanting to do for long time, and the time is here for K20A2 engine

·
Premium Member
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got new eagle rods for it and wisco pistons for it, all new oem bearings, all new gaskets, sent it to the shop to get it cleaned up, the wisco pistons are 9.8 compression, planing to run turbo by end of this year. And there it is all put beck together

Attachments

·
Premium Member
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I removed my old engine, subframe wire harness from inside the car, radiator and was ready for som new stuff

·
Premium Member
290 Posts

·
Premium Member
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So here it is, all put beck together, bit I did not like on how much oxidation there was on the outside, so I scribed t piss out of it, primed it with Hi temp pain and then I did aluminum Hi temp pain over that, I do the same thing to the transmission and intake manifold

Attachments

·
Premium Member
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
And here it is, I just got it in last night for the first time, this one pic with engine inside the bay was just a test fit but I got it in last night and got all the mounts on and the subframe, so now what I have left with is small stuff here and there, only one small problem I found, the P/S pump is bit High, I am going to have to trim under the hood a bit for clearance

Attachments

·
Premium Member
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Last night I got the rear engine mount on and the front one, and I did get to take a pic of the engine in it. I have to do some digging up about the immobilizer and how to bypass it, I did find on eBay for 15 dollars one I just don't know if that is what I need, if anyone knows something let me know. I am going to hall my car when it's done to the dealer to flash my key, the ecu that I am going to be using is from rsx type s.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So I called my Honda dealer and told him that I new the immobilizer reprogrammed, told them that I have a different engine in and ecu, they told me no problem, for $50 dollars they will reprogram my immobilizer and I should be set to turn my car on, I guess I don't need immobilizer bypass or kpro to start my engine, I hope it works, I will be towing my car in the next couple of weeks to them to get that done, I will keep you posted.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Yeah you can dissable the immobilizer using kpro

·
Registered
300 Posts
I havt used any other tuning software so i honestly couldnt answer that question, im sure it is possible though

·
Premium Member
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ok so one of the things to get was -clutch lines from master to slave cylinder but what I did is I made a custom one from my old clutch all I did is cut it and used flaring tool to make the end and here is a pic of the final product, Way to save you some money and use on something els.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 202 Posts