Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Damn, a you gained 65whp from JUST a tuned ITB with kpro? :wow: So other than the ITBs and K-pro, the motor is completely stock? Is this the K20A (type-R) or k20a2 (type-s) ? and what ITBs are those?

·
Resident Journalist
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, this was a very interesting project that i took up trying to figure this out myself and reading or looking at pictures of Pacman's car.... By the way, the "Do-IT-Yourself" article will be coming out in the next issue of OverRev Magazine....
Anyways, as of right now, i cant even say how many lil problems i ran into... mostly it was because i never done ITB's on a k20 motor before... But all in all, i am very very satisfied with the motor...... Right now, it is a stock motor k20a2 type s. The only mods i have so far are DC TSX headers (which is choking a lot of power), Twin Disc clutch and K-Pro tuning..... this is literally what you would expect to see if you just threw on a set of ITB's, well at least the TWM ones that i have. By the way, these are the 52mm ones. I ran into one problem, which was the throttle cable bracket, i got mine with the bracket coming off on the brake booster side, or tranny side, that way you can use a GSR throttle cable, and im sure you can use a stock civic throttle cable too.... the throttle cable bracket that originally came with the ITBs made runnign the cable very tight, so TWM used an H22 throttle cable bracket. Crap, i dont know what else... So far the car has ran a 12.8 in the quarter mile with this set up on slicks, it could do a lot better for sure, but im trying to figure out the motor right now, and figuring how high to launch it at, and figuring out when is a good time to shift at.... once i get that figured out, the car should be running faster... im not used to the super short 1st gear, i bounec off the rev limiter everytime so far... i launch and then i have to change gears all ready, hahah im too slow for that right now... need more seat time..... but other than that, the car has been running great ! if you guys go tquestions, please feel free to ask now, as i am sure that i am missing out a lot of things....by the way, i used a b-series intake air temperature sensor....

·
F1 Junky
2,017 Posts
kmar111 said:
how much WHP does that equal to?
Didn't know you'd get crank figures from a dyno, weird.

·
Registered
73 Posts
kmar111 said:
hmm, I just realized it says fly wheel hp, not wheel hp, shouldn't flywheel hp be the advertised 200hp? Either way that's a awesome gain from those few mods alone.

·
Registered
39 Posts
kmar111 said:
It is wheel Hp - or more specifically hub HP.

Look at the gains compared to stock.

The flywheel label at the top of the chart is because we have not entered a gearbox correction factor. If we had put in a 12% gearbox correction factor the power figure would be about 12% higher and then it really would be flywheel.

Approximates to about 230 dynojet.

·
Resident Journalist
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
z10 said:
hows your idle like? and low end drivability?

after the tune with Hondata K-Pro, its Idles perfectly, i mean, it idles higher than a normal engine, idles roughly around 1800-2300 RPM's now compared to before when i was running the stock 440 tune map where the idle was sparatic and jumping everywhere making it feel like the throttle was stuck or something.... but after the tuning and hooking up the correct wires up for the Throttle positioning sensor, everything ran perfect....... idles perfect, and low end driveability is still great.... the car is super responsive in the low end, it feels like the car is itching to get up in the high revs ! The K-Pro tuning made a HUGE difference, i highly recommend getting K-Pro if you are going to get the ITB's, the reason being is that you can add and take away timing as needed in the lower range of the rpm, i mean, you can really fine tune it and make it perfect... seriously, K-Pro is a very easy program to learn, just sitting there watching Doug from Hondata tune the car, i learned how to be able to adjust a few things on the Graphs....... made pretty close to what a supercharged k20a2 was making, i mean, it was really comparable, it was very impressive to see !!!!!!

·
Banned
15,811 Posts
No, the stock hood will not close.

My question is... can K pro manage each cylinder? Does the MAP sensor read the total air coming in and then averages them out?

·
Registered
234 Posts
nikos said:
No, the stock hood will not close.

My question is... can K pro manage each cylinder? Does the MAP sensor read the total air coming in and then averages them out?
Good question! I think the computer only handles one sensor, so maybe only one sensor is hooked up, or averaged like you say. All the throttle plates would need to line up the same.

·
Resident Journalist
501 Posts
DamonRSX said:
Good question! I think the computer only handles one sensor, so maybe only one sensor is hooked up, or averaged like you say. All the throttle plates would need to line up the same.
yes you have to cut the hood, this is what we dide to take advantage of how the air horns sit. I fabbed up a lil air scoop, need to make a smaller one, this one just looks silly to me right now.... haha.... but i know it works because it made the car run a little leaner ! hahaah....

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wODYzODU1NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE=.jpg

As for the map sensor, it only uses one MAP sensor. TWM made a vacuum accumulatorthat connects to all the runners, and we had no problems at all hooking it up that way. I mean, you can be more precise i guess you could say by tapping into the middle parts of the accumulator and getting a better reading... but where we mounted our map sensor, everythign worked out fine...

1 - 20 of 123 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.