Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
81 - 93 of 93 Posts
Discussion starter · #82 ·
that's interesting that you had to shave a portion of the block for clearance. i just finished building mine but didnt have any issues like that but it looks like it's making some good power.
Yeah, I looked around and didn't see anyone else with the same issue, but I just rolled with it and made the required mods to make it all work together.

I'm hopeful for a little more once I get it fully tuned and a possible HR 3.5" intake in my future as well. I'd love to be in line with what other people are making on similar builds (260-280 from what I've seen). Making power at altitude is hard to do, but the car is already tons more fun to drive. I'm happy though. The added torque is just what the car needed.

Discussion starter · #83 ·
My local track is opening this weekend and I'm hoping to get down there. I will for sure post results if I get some. I'm not expecting any record breaking numbers, but it will be nice to see what it can do now vs how it was stock.

Discussion starter · #85 · (Edited)
Went and ran the car yesterday. I suck at launching on street tires. Best time was a 14.8@97mph. DA was 8000 feet, lol. Car ran 16.2 at the same track when it was stock, just an fyi.

I need a lot more practice with the car.

Also, this car is heavy, damn.

Discussion starter · #86 ·
Curious on peoples thoughts on engine mounts.

My car has pretty extreme wheel hop on the launch at the drag strip.

I'd like to try and do something about that to prevent breaking stuff and make the car launch a bit better.

I was thinking about the hasport mounts. I see they offer the rear mount as a separate item, but not the front. Would adding just the rear be enough, or should I just pony up and get the whole kit?

Rear mount $100
Mount kit $500

Thoughts? Or should I look at other areas to combat the wheel hop and improve launch?

I'd like to try and do something about that to prevent breaking stuff and make the car launch a bit better.

I was thinking about the hasport mounts. I see they offer the rear mount as a separate item, but not the front. Would adding just the rear be enough, or should I just pony up and get the whole kit?

Rear mount $100
Mount kit $500

Thoughts? Or should I look at other areas to combat the wheel hop and improve launch?
Here is a good read about mounts:
http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=788800

I'm looking at mounts as well. I'm going to do hasport 62a on the sides and 70a for the back mount. Mine is a daily driver. For sure get hasport though :up:

to combat wheel hop first stiffen your suspension then go with a full urathane mount kit and add engine dampener. i hope this helps you. as an after thought your tires and/or track temperature may have contribution to your issue. nice to see you worked your engine problems out.

Rear mount $100
Mount kit $500

I don't believe the mounts alone will kill the wheel hop. Full race offers traction balls for the 8th gens that seems to control hop. A guy on 8th reviewed them here
I've also seen on 8th someone use energy suspension poly urethane bushings to accomplish the same result here

Discussion starter · #90 ·
I don't believe the mounts alone will kill the wheel hop. Full race offers traction balls for the 8th gens that seems to control hop. A guy on 8th reviewed them here
I've also seen on 8th someone use energy suspension poly urethane bushings to accomplish the same result here
I don't expect the mounts to completely get rid of it, but I figure they should help a substantial amount. Thanks for the link on the control arm bushings, seems like it could be a decent solution in addition to the mounts.

Another issue I'm looking combat with the mounts is the 1-2 shift is pretty difficult to get right at speed. If I shift slow it's no issue, but at the track I found that trying to shift fast caused issues with it not going into 2nd. I think the mounts should help with this issue as well. I think the slow shifting into 2nd is probably hurting the ET .1 or .2.

Thanks for all the ideas.

Np :up:
I'm leaning towards the poly control arm bushings myself. The solid full race ones are a bit steep IMO.
I've also noticed a grind when attempting to get into 2nd fast. From what I read it's the MC not being able to keep up. Hybrid sells the em1 conversion to fix it but I have one lying around that I think I'll have a hose store fab a hose and find a fitting to match.

81 - 93 of 93 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.