Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
21 - 40 of 93 Posts
Discussion starter · #26 ·
That looks great sir. Habi red si!!! I think you will be fine with that CR I live in AZ and I am a mile above sea level and I know a few guys running that high on 91.
I'll find out soon enough. Hopefully should have the rest of the parts end of the week or next week. We are at 5800' at the track and 5000+ pretty much everywhere I go, so I think it should work out okay.

Discussion starter · #27 ·
Picked up the rest of my parts to get the engine assembled on my way home from work tonight.

Here is the K20Z3 crank trigger wheel

It looks exactly the same as the K24A1 crank trigger wheel, but since it had a different part number, was only $10, and I really didn't want to have to remove the timing cover if it didn't work, I ordered it. I will confirm if it is in fact the same or different tomorrow once I'm at work.

Here is the K24A1 crank trigger wheel.

More tomorrow, hopefully going to be able to get the engine fully assembled.

Discussion starter · #28 ·
Well, got to work and compared the K24A1 (PNA) to the K20Z3 (RAA), best I can tell, they are exactly the same. Same placement and tooth count.

Here is a picture of them on top of each other for comparison. RAA on top, PNA on bottom.

Guess I didn't need it, but now I know.

Better be sure right now. I never took time to compare them tbh. I always used the one for the crank sensor. Say I used a k20a2 crank sensor, I would use the k20a2 trigger wheel.

But that's a good thing to know! Now I wont bother with that anymore :p

Discussion starter · #30 ·
Here's how it sits after adding a few more things today.

Added:
RDX injectors
Polished timing cover
Oil pan
Thermostat housing and thermostat

It is nearly done!

Discussion starter · #34 ·
Did you apply a clear coat on it to keep it like that?
Nah, it's just Mother's, usually does a decent job. I did the same thing on my valve cover on my CRX. I usually have to put more polish on it once a year or so. I was bored one day at work over winter and did that when I was saving for engine parts.

Discussion starter · #36 ·
Well, the engine is all together as far as I can get it minus the parts that will transfer. My plan is to get started later today and hopefully have it running by the end of the weekend.

Discussion starter · #39 ·
Made decent progress last night after work.

Sub frame out

Engine/trans out

Ready to yank the trans off and attach to the new engine

That's as far as I got, then rode my scooter home and back to work this am. Fairly cold 20 mile commute in 39 degree weather. More later today after I get some things done.
Aprilia SR50 with 70cc kit

get a thermostat that opens at a lower temp less heat less detonation even 15 degrees f would make a big difference.

21 - 40 of 93 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.