Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
721 - 740 of 780 Posts

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
8,095 Posts

·
2002 DC5 Type S
1,155 Posts
I am ordering a few of these S2000 filters to go into my set. I am going to use the Honda (Fram) oil filter for a 75 miles service, then train. The next on will the Honda (Fram) oil filter being run with copper gasket fixers and run it for 200 miles. Finally, I will switch to the JDM Honda HAMP oil filters with AMSOIL. . I new to order the S2000 oil filters for back up filters.

·
Registered
96 civic HX K24a
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #726 ·
I am ordering a few of these S2000 filters to go into my set. I am going to use the Honda (Fram) oil filter for a 75 miles service, then train. The next on will the Honda (Fram) oil filter being run with copper gasket fixers and run it for 200 miles. Finally, I will switch to the JDM Honda HAMP oil filters with AMSOIL. . I new to order the S2000 oil filters for back up filters.
Are you doing a new shortblock or just want to flush out any nonsense from it sitting ? Either way sounds like a thorough procedure. I idled the k24 a few times then did an initial oil change , after about 150-200 miles did another one and now I’m almost at 400 miles on it. At 500 I will probably do one more flush with the supertech oil and oem filter. I have looked up testing done of this Walmart synthetic oil against the big dogs and it performed very well, not to mention for half the price 😅

·
Registered
96 civic HX K24a
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #727 · (Edited)
I had some time this morning to change my starter out , I have been experiencing intermittent non start issues with just the solenoid clicking and after several voltage tests coming back good over the last week I concluded its not the battery, but the starter that was my issue.
Bumper off for easy access
Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Vehicle Automotive lighting

Car Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood

old one out, flywheel looks good 👍
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Crankset

Unknown denso auto starter I purchased ($20)from a friend initially for the swap alongside the used auto CRV starter from LKQ(53$) (I like buying from these guys because all the parts are tested ) the two pieces look pretty different but everything works the same. ALL USDM k20/24 starters are compatible , the Jdm models do not work !
Tool Gas Machine Metalworking hand tool Slip joint pliers

All done !
Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Black Automotive air manifold Gas

not only is my cranking sounding better but there is no delay between the key turning and the starter engaging, before there would be a slight hesitation upon key on before the car would crank, if it would at all. I feel much better about taking the car out now 😎

·
Registered
96 civic HX K24a
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #729 ·
Still needs a bit more but the rain cut me short 😭
Automotive tire Bumper Wood Hood Automotive exterior
Wood Gas Automotive exterior Auto part Tool

Got this clothing stand from one of our job site cleanups and I figured i would try to make my own engine cart out of it 😆
Wood Office equipment Bumper Motor vehicle Machine tool

picked up some anchors for strapping points
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design

it’s made of metal and quite sturdy , I think it will work out nicely.

·
2002 DC5 Type S
1,155 Posts
What color are you going to paint or powder coat the valve cover? If you are going to weld -10AN bungs on it, I would suggest Earl's products.

Personally I love the Spoon yellow for valve covers or J's Racing teal/blue.

·
2002 DC5 Type S
1,155 Posts
I had some time this morning to change my starter out , I have been experiencing intermittent non start issues with just the solenoid clicking and after several voltage tests coming back good over the last week I concluded its not the battery, but the starter that was my issue.
Bumper off for easy access View attachment 105478

View attachment 105480
old one out, flywheel looks good 👍 View attachment 105479
Unknown denso auto starter I purchased ($20)from a friend initially for the swap alongside the used auto CRV starter from LKQ(53$) (I like buying from these guys because all the parts are tested ) the two pieces look pretty different but everything works the same. ALL USDM k20/24 starters are compatible , the Jdm models do not work ! View attachment 105482
All done ! View attachment 105481
not only is my cranking sounding better but there is no delay between the key turning and the starter engaging, before there would be a slight hesitation upon key on before the car would crank, if it would at all. I feel much better about taking the car out now 😎
I need to find a starter. I hope I can find one for a good price like you, they are a bit high brand new.

·
Registered
96 civic HX K24a
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #733 ·
I need to find a starter. I hope I can find one for a good price like you, they are a bit high brand new.
I used the lkqonline eBay store , searched for an 04 CRV starter and they had several used OEM close to 100k miles. It won’t last forever but I don’t mind getting the most out of older parts that are oem vs paying hundreds for the new parts store stuff that still may have problems.

·
Registered
96 civic HX K24a
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #734 ·
I used the lkqonline eBay store , searched for an 04 CRV starter and they had several used OEM close to 100k miles. It won’t last forever but I don’t mind getting the most out of older parts that are oem vs paying hundreds for the new parts store stuff that still may have problems.
Did the same thing for my alternator, I will be ordering a spare from them. The one they sent me was from a crv as well and keeps my car @14.1-14.2 while running with the mini battery 👍 supposedly they test everything and when the alternator showed up with a chipped pulley they sent me a partial refund and I kept the part since I could fix it.

·
Registered
96 civic HX K24a
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #735 ·
What color are you going to paint or powder coat the valve cover? If you are going to weld -10AN bungs on it, I would suggest Earl's products.

Personally I love the Spoon yellow for valve covers or J's Racing teal/blue.
Both of those colors are pretty badass. I haven’t decided yet what I’m going to do. I kind of want to sand and polish it. I did pick up some -10 bungs awhile back and I may get them welded on from a friend. I have 2 spare covers , both are slowly being prepared to do something with so i feel like I’m getting something done on the car 😅

·
2002 DC5 Type S
1,155 Posts
Did the same thing for my alternator, I will be ordering a spare from them. The one they sent me was from a crv as well and keeps my car @14.1-14.2 while running with the mini battery 👍 supposedly they test everything and when the alternator showed up with a chipped pulley they sent me a partial refund and I kept the part since I could fix it.
That online store sounds awesome. I am going to check them out and pick up a few items. I need to go by O's he just two DC5 Type S's he is parting out - O is the gold digger spot I talk about.

·
Registered
96 civic HX K24a
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #737 ·
That online store sounds awesome. I am going to check them out and pick up a few items. I need to go by O's he just two DC5 Type S's he is parting out - O is the gold digger spot I talk about.

·
Registered
96 civic HX K24a
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #738 · (Edited)

·
2002 DC5 Type S
1,155 Posts
Starting to sand with some 180 I found in the garage. I Will make a trip later for more grits moving up to 1000 and 1500 wet sanding. I may just polish this one 😎 View attachment 105561
That is cool. I have never attempted polishing on a scale this large. Do you do it by hand or mechanical help?

721 - 740 of 780 Posts