Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
661 - 680 of 756 Posts

·
Registered
96 civic HX K24a
1,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #662 · (Edited)
Well I got bored and grabbed the simple green while I had some spare time before work. Certain parts of the bay have matte black cover up so no shine in some areas 🙄 oh well, I like having a clean engine bay and the dust on all the silicone parts was annoying to look at

Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive design

My $200 eBay motor mounts are working out very well 👍 emusa for the win, likely will get a spare set.
Tire Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

charge harness needs re done in friction tape 😅
Tire Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood Automotive fuel system
Car Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design

·
Registered
96 civic HX K24a
1,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #663 · (Edited)
For now I will leave the hybrid racing CAI as it is and instead make a 3-3.5” headlight v stack intake. Still need another couple pieces but for just some eBay couplers and scrap pipe it looks like it will work out pretty well👍

Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive tire Vehicle Auto part

I will be ordering a new set of headlights and then modifying this set for the intake
Automotive tire Automotive design Vehicle Hood Automotive lighting

·
Registered
96 civic HX K24a
1,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #664 ·
Not the greatest picture but this morning I finally got tired enough of my glass looking so bad and went to town on all the windows with a razor blade and iso alcohol in a sprayer. I was trained to razor-clean glass until it glides Silently across so that’s what I did 😅 night and day difference in person to the 25+ year old oem windows 👍
Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire Automotive design

·
Premium Member
866 Posts
Hey @Them Witches i was wondering if you could help me find an oem part. I’ve been looking at several diagrams for k20a2 and k24 cylinder heads trying to find the exhaust manifold stud part # so I can order 5 new ones.
It just has a weird code next to it. Any insight ? I want to stud the head on both sides to prevent wearing down the threads inside the aluminum and instead wear my studs out if anything.
View attachment 105184
they have the bolts and nuts part #but nothing for the stud except the weird e-10-10
NEVER fear the witch is here hahaha...

if you need new oem exhaust bolts I have them still in those red packets you love. I will hook up the price.
Bolt, Stud (10X39.5) - Acura (90026-PNA-003)
PART CAN BE FOUND AS REFERENCE #15 IN ILLUSTRATION
  • MSRP:$3.89
  • Discount:$0.96 (24.70% off)
  • Sale Price:$2.93

·
Premium Member
866 Posts
For now I will leave the hybrid racing CAI as it is and instead make a 3-3.5” headlight v stack intake. Still need another couple pieces but for just some eBay couplers and scrap pipe it looks like it will work out pretty well👍

View attachment 105194
I will be ordering a new set of headlights and then modifying this set for the intake View attachment 105195
I love this idea of using the headlight for a air pickup source. I was looking for a headlight scoop I have seen in pictures with no luck on searching nor replies from others. really cool intake.

i wanted to have some fake headlights made or basically a carbon fiber exterior shape of the headlight that bolts to the oem bolt locations. one of them could be turned into a intake like you are doing. they would basically be used at the track and be a decent weight reduction. why scratch a headlight up from track debris or have to cover them with tape?

·
Registered
96 civic HX K24a
1,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #667 ·
I love this idea of using the headlight for a air pickup source. I was looking for a headlight scoop I have seen in pictures with no luck on searching nor replies from others. really cool intake.

i wanted to have some fake headlights made or basically a carbon fiber exterior shape of the headlight that bolts to the oem bolt locations. one of them could be turned into a intake like you are doing. they would basically be used at the track and be a decent weight reduction. why scratch a headlight up from track debris or have to cover them with tape?
I remember seeing the password jdm carbon fiber block offs awhile back and wanting those but the $$ was better spent elsewhere. There’s a few random carbon fiber air scoop headlights for 96-98 models on eBay but I haven’t seen a real ram air setup that’s off the shelf. I’m hoping to get the velocity stack to sit as close to flush with the face of the headlight. I’ve been wanting some black housing headlights on my coupe anyways , the ones currently on there are non oem already 🙄

·
Registered
96 civic HX K24a
1,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #668 · (Edited)
NEVER fear the witch is here hahaha...

if you need new oem exhaust bolts I have them still in those red packets you love. I will hook up the price.
PART CAN BE FOUND AS REFERENCE #15 IN ILLUSTRATION
  • MSRP:$3.89
  • Discount:$0.96 (24.70% off)
  • Sale Price:$2.93
Thanks ! I appreciate the offer but I am set on having the oem studs on the intake and exhaust side with brand new oem hex nuts 😎 I figured I could count on you to help with the part # ! I am overly paranoid about stripped threads. Lol

·
Registered
96 civic HX K24a
1,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #669 · (Edited)

This is what Inspired it, stock k24 making 240s whp with a type s pump and this 3.5” Intake setup on a ported RBC.
Vehicle Hood Car Motor vehicle Automotive design
Vehicle Hood Car Motor vehicle Automotive air manifold

I’ve even found pre filter screens to make it street friendly during the daytime 😎

·
Premium Member
866 Posts
Thanks ! I appreciate the offer but I am set on having the oem studs on the intake and exhaust side with brand new oem hex nuts 😎 I figured I could count on you to help with the part # ! I am overly paranoid about stripped threads. Lol
your welcome. that is a good idea to use the studs and nuts to avoid stripping threads internally. I am not crazy about the Ti sets people are selling, I just like the oem look.

·
Registered
96 civic HX K24a
1,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #672 ·
your welcome. that is a good idea to use the studs and nuts to avoid stripping threads internally. I am not crazy about the Ti sets people are selling, I just like the oem look.
Ya I have thought about the titanium but it’s hard to beat Honda 👍. Eventually I will be looking for a perfect used bell housing or buying a new one as I have some helicoil In mine , that will also get the studs where the mount goes for easy removal.

·
Premium Member
483 Posts
I’m going to keep looking or call the local Honda today. I want to do the intake side as well but I’m not sure if it’s worth $100 to me for the titanium stuff. I like keeping it oem when possible.
View attachment 105185
it’s hard to find good aftermarket Studs that have the blank space between the threads to stop over-tightening.
I purchased titanium once from Factory Racing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
96 civic HX K24a
1,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #674 ·
I purchased titanium once from Factory Racing

Those are really nice looking but I’ve seen one of them break on a turbo b series. $100 studs lol. I hope they work out well for you but I am going to use that oem Honda goodness 👍👍👍

·
Premium Member
483 Posts
Those are really nice looking but I’ve seen one of them break on a turbo b series. $100 studs lol. I hope they work out well for you but I am going to use that oem Honda goodness
Yea lol, time will tell

·
Registered
96 civic HX K24a
1,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #676 ·
Got a chance to do a little work and take the car out briefly yesterday 👍 I’ve had these shifter cable bushings sitting for awhile and decided to take a stab at it
Automotive fuel system Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior Automotive wheel system

Old and busted vs new hotness.
White Gas Rim Automotive wheel system Auto part

mans best friend
Liquid Bottle Automotive tire Fluid Plastic bottle

Installed
Automotive tire Automotive design Motor vehicle Rim Automotive fuel system

and that’s where the party ended! While trying to fit in the larger billet bushing the center piece came separated from the rest of it and has left me not trusting this “spherical bearing”.I have a feeling a new set of cables is in the near future so for now I will leave it , the shifting feel is improved with the one installed and 5th/6th/R is much easier to engage. 1/2 success 😅

·
Registered
96 civic HX K24a
1,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #677 ·
Enjoyed a light drive around , it was about 65 F outside which is perfect vtec weather 😅
Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Grille Automotive tire

I have no idea why the cel bulb is lit kpro shows no codes and it’s done that since the heater core job 😅
Vehicle Car Speedometer Plant Motor vehicle

And once more the party was over early. As I arrive back home I shut it off to go open my garage and not 2 min later I get nothing but clicks from the starter.
Hood Automotive battery Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive design
Couple minutes with a 6amp charge and it fires right up again. I’ve had this little mighty max (cheap Amazon odyssey pc680 replacement) for over 2 years on the shelf with random charging and use. I’m sure being a deep cycle I didn’t treat it right and it has something wrong with it now (I’ve been having problems with it doing dead and just thought it was because I didn’t drive the car enough ). A new one is on the way and I’ll be pulling the current battery to have it tested. Being only $45 I thought this the better route than swapping over to a new oem sized battery($100) and new charge harness.($?) It comes with a 30 day return and 1 year warranty so I should be covered 👍
Rectangle Musical instrument accessory Audio equipment Material property Font

·
Premium Member
866 Posts
Got a chance to do a little work and take the car out briefly yesterday 👍 I’ve had these shifter cable bushings sitting for awhile and decided to take a stab at it
View attachment 105282
Old and busted vs new hotness.
View attachment 105283
mans best friend
View attachment 105284
Installed
View attachment 105285
and that’s where the party ended! While trying to fit in the larger billet bushing the center piece came separated from the rest of it and has left me not trusting this “spherical bearing”.I have a feeling a new set of cables is in the near future so for now I will leave it , the shifting feel is improved with the one installed and 5th/6th/R is much easier to engage. 1/2 success 😅
when I installed my K-Tuned shifter bushings I could feel a noticeable difference. They say to change them out every 40,000 miles. Once I install the Hybrid shifter cables I will not have a use for the K-tuned ones. They will have to join the storage shed of back-up parts lol...

·
Registered
96 civic HX K24a
1,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #679 ·
when I installed my K-Tuned shifter bushings I could feel a noticeable difference. They say to change them out every 40,000 miles. Once I install the Hybrid shifter cables I will not have a use for the K-tuned ones. They will have to join the storage shed of back-up parts lol...
I was looking at the hybrid shifter cable bushings but the precision works (k tuned rep) were only $30 vs $75 but now I see why they’re cheaper lol. On my first k24 swap I would miss second gear almost every time I tried to shift it hard until I replaced the bushings with k tuned ones and then never missed again. I put the billet shifter stops on my box and that with the new bushing makes my feel a lot more confident and positive going into the next gears especially with 4-5-6

·
Registered
96 civic HX K24a
1,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #680 ·
@Them Witches now this is what I’m talking about. Nice and flush with the light 😎 the v stack would have to go behind it but this looks very good for a racecar I think
Car Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting Grille

The gears and gasoline k24 ek. Pretty nice car they put together making 250+ on a k24a with the usual bolt on suspects.

661 - 680 of 756 Posts