Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
641 - 660 of 756 Posts

·
Registered
96 civic HX K24a
1,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #643 ·
Do you have a catch can design and pipe implementation in mind already?
I have this one that has been on my shelf for quite awhile with some #10 pushlok hose. I probably will switch the line to braided black to match the fuel and vacuum hose and mount the can on the firewall. I don’t know if this engine will need the extra venting or not but I figured I may as well use it since I have it and it matches everything 👍
Bicycle part Rim Automotive tire Automotive wheel system Automotive super charger part
Bicycle part Automotive tire Rim Automotive wheel system Camera accessory

·
Registered
96 civic HX K24a
1,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #644 ·
Started to clean up my used RBC gear and the base model exhaust gear this morning.
Bicycle part Rim Circle Gear Auto part

Waiting for some oem timing parts to be ordered as well as a few things for the 4piston oil pump install 👍

·
Registered
96 civic HX K24a
1,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #645 ·
Freshly cleaned and flow tested oem GM flex 6.0 injectors 👍 with new o rings ready to give the K24a 660cc of fuel delivery. They fit nicely inside the k series fuel rail and should be good for a healthy 300whp.
Font Electric blue Wood Fashion accessory Metal
Audio equipment Automotive tire Auto part Camera accessory Household hardware

Also picked up a scrap piece of 3” pipe to help turn my hybrid racing cold air intake into a ram air once my 90 coupler arrives

Household hardware Tin Gas Nickel Cylinder

·
Premium Member
853 Posts
Freshly cleaned and flow tested oem GM flex 6.0 injectors 👍 with new o rings ready to give the K24a 660cc of fuel delivery. They fit nicely inside the k series fuel rail and should be good for a healthy 300whp. View attachment 105110 View attachment 105111
Also picked up a scrap piece of 3” pipe to help turn my hybrid racing cold air intake into a ram air once my 90 coupler arrives

View attachment 105112
those injectors look good. 660cc will get the job done. I'd say 300whp is healthy and fun stuff

·
Registered
96 civic HX K24a
1,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #649 ·
Maybe with some upgrades in let's say 7 years, when your kid can support you at the workshop :D?
Lol that’s a good goal. When we move to our next home I plan to build a shop to do supplemental work out of as well as work on my own projects separate from the house but that also is a ways down the road as far as my budget goes.

·
Premium Member
483 Posts
Lol that’s a good goal. When we move to our next home I plan to build a shop to do supplemental work out of as well as work on my own projects separate from the house but that also is a ways down the road as far as my budget goes.
We are in process of building a new home and a shop for me, we just got our design plans and shop will be 40ft by 60ft and 16ft ceilings, total of 3 garage doors two 10x10 and 3rd is going to be 12ft high 10ft wide and will be drive trough bay so i can get big trailers and and out on opposite side of the building, heated floors with 3 zones, and have one lift to be able to lift my 2500 diesel truck, even bathroom and small office

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
96 civic HX K24a
1,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #651 ·
We are in process of building a new home and a shop for me, we just got our design plans and shop will be 40ft by 60ft and 16ft ceilings, total of 3 garage doors two 10x10 and 3rd is going to be 12ft high 10ft wide and will be drive trough bay so i can get big trailers and and out on opposite side of the building, heated floors with 3 zones, and have one lift to be able to lift my 2500 diesel truck, even bathroom and small office

Man what the hell are you planning on doing in there lol. Sounds like an awesome place to work.

·
Premium Member
483 Posts
Man what the hell are you planning on doing in there lol. Sounds like an awesome place to work.
Planning for my retirement

I got two daughters and include my wife in that, that is 3 of them on there monthly problem so brother needs a place to hide

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
8,011 Posts
I read POTUS Biden made it with the public road improvement law through all challenges and now a huuuuuge amount of work will be ready for you the next years. I think a good perspective for you, isn't it? Anyway, if you need help with the setup, let me know it, I will see what I can do for you.

·
Registered
96 civic HX K24a
1,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #655 · (Edited)
I read POTUS Biden made it with the public road improvement law through all challenges and now a huuuuuge amount of work will be ready for you the next years. I think a good perspective for you, isn't it? Anyway, if you need help with the setup, let me know it, I will see what I can do for you.
We mainly do new construction and existing parking lots but yes we do get public road contracts so I’m sure between all the new work being done and all the old paint getting faded we will be plenty busy. I’m not sure how long I will continue doing this current job but for now it is looking solid. I appreciate the offer, Thankyou ! It will be a couple years at least.

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
8,011 Posts
I’m not sure how long I will continue doing this current job but for now it is looking solid.
Sounds like you have no vision for doing that job for a defined period of time?! Are you thinking about switching to another one?

It will be a couple years at least.
Sure, family tasks are most important, says my wife. And you know, wife know it ;). Finally family daily life should be in a good setup, finding a good compromise of income and expenses. A spare longblock would open the door to drain some of the expenses into that, to prepare it step by step. Don't you have two longblocks in spare?

·
Registered
96 civic HX K24a
1,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #657 ·
Sounds like you have no vision for doing that job for a defined period of time?! Are you thinking about switching to another one?

Sure, family tasks are most important, says my wife. And you know, wife know it ;). Finally family daily life should be in a good setup, finding a good compromise of income and expenses. A spare longblock would open the door to drain some of the expenses into that, to prepare it step by step. Don't you have two longblocks in spare?
I like my job well enough but I don’t think I will still be there in a few years. Pay is ok but benefits aren’t there and paying for health insurance/dentist visits out of pocket is getting old. I may begin detailing cars again for side work. I do have a k24a4 bare block and a k20z1 block that needs rebuilt as well as the complete k20z1 cylinder head so at some point I could make a pretty badass engine but for now the extra $$ is getting saved for buying a larger family vehicle. My little Mazda truck has no room for a car seat lol.

·
Registered
96 civic HX K24a
1,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #658 ·

Another snag is that brand new type s /tsx crankshafts are $1,000. Both the shortblocks I have need one 🙄 I see used for 300-350 online but it’s questionable how it would arrive and I refuse to use a crank that has been anything but polished. Oem size bearings only.

·
Registered
96 civic HX K24a
1,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #659 ·
Hey @Them Witches i was wondering if you could help me find an oem part. I’ve been looking at several diagrams for k20a2 and k24 cylinder heads trying to find the exhaust manifold stud part # so I can order 5 new ones.
It just has a weird code next to it. Any insight ? I want to stud the head on both sides to prevent wearing down the threads inside the aluminum and instead wear my studs out if anything.
Gesture Font Line Rectangle Parallel

they have the bolts and nuts part #but nothing for the stud except the weird e-10-10

·
Registered
96 civic HX K24a
1,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #660 ·
I’m going to keep looking or call the local Honda today. I want to do the intake side as well but I’m not sure if it’s worth $100 to me for the titanium stuff. I like keeping it oem when possible.
Tire Automotive tire Hood Grille Automotive design

it’s hard to find good aftermarket Studs that have the blank space between the threads to stop over-tightening.

641 - 660 of 756 Posts