Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 371 Posts

· Registered
44,145 Posts
vtecspeed1320 said:
Its the tits lol!!! Mine will be here wednesday. I wonder how my wg and brake booster will fare? Cut the IM long wise and re weld it. so that the tb is on the otherside.
you mean cut the plenum off of the runners and flip it? pic for description please

· Registered
49 Posts
signalpuke said:
you mean cut the plenum off of the runners and flip it? pic for description please
You nailed it.

I believe this is basically what he's talking about (and yes this an S2K motor but you get where I'm going with it lol)

· Premium Member
28,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
CJM said:
^ wow, never saw that before! Very sweet crx build as well, that turbo is ungodly, good luck with it:up:
Thanks.... Well my Tax return came and left and I didnt really get to get anything for my car.... House Bills and Girlfriend pretty much soaked it all up.. I have about $400 left and was supposed to get my Omnipower suspension but that is not enough.... I dont know how this is gonna work now..:eek: The give it up god keeps talking to me but i keep having to put him on mute..

· Premium Member
28,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Function said:
I picked up the bdl pulley and a 40 inch belt. I had to use ALOT of washers to get tension. are you sure you used a 40 inch belt?
The belt that I used was a 39 inch belt... The part number is The part number is 4060390 6PK990... 3 washers on each bolt for the alternator... Totalling 9 washers in all....

· Premium Member
7,193 Posts
1320WhtRex said:
Thanks.... Well my Tax return came and left and I didnt really get to get anything for my car.... House Bills and Girlfriend pretty much soaked it all up.. I have about $400 left and was supposed to get my Omnipower suspension but that is not enough.... I dont know how this is gonna work now..:eek: The give it up god keeps talking to me but i keep having to put him on mute..
Don't give it up... Do it like I do it and drag it out a couple years... LoL

slowly but surely. I'm about at the same spot as you, except minus the turbo setup. All motor fun for me. Just buy shit when you got the funds...

You got another car right? The CRX isn't going anywhere, you invested way to much to let it go now. There may seem like there is still a whole lot of work to do, but just imagine how much you have already done... You are a lot closer than you were a year ago...

I can't wait to see this thing finished, one day it will all be worth it :up:

· Premium Member
28,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
shady5th said:
Wow that thing is going to be a beast good luck with the build! How much was the AFI package that you got? :up: :up: to you :cool:
Thnx.... The AFI package was $1,400 and worth every bit of it IMO...

jonv said:
Don't give it up... Do it like I do it and drag it out a couple years... LoL

slowly but surely. I'm about at the same spot as you, except minus the turbo setup. All motor fun for me. Just buy shit when you got the funds...

You got another car right? The CRX isn't going anywhere, you invested way to much to let it go now. There may seem like there is still a whole lot of work to do, but just imagine how much you have already done... You are a lot closer than you were a year ago...

I can't wait to see this thing finished, one day it will all be worth it
Yeah I got another car, which im getting tired of driving too... The only reason I drive it is because im getting 34+ MPG on my 87 oct.....:silly: Im ready to trade it in and try and get a truck but I know that will definitely put a damper in my plans for the Crx so im chillin for now. .... A year ago I was I-vtec-ing all over the city with a stock swap.... This year it'll be on boost now.
I know it will be worth every second in the end..

· Banned
1,367 Posts
1320WhtRex said:
Thnx.... The AFI package was $1,400 and worth every bit of it IMO...
worth every penny plus some...

1320WhtRex said:
Yeah I got another car, which im getting tired of driving too... The only reason I drive it is because im getting 34+ MPG on my 87 oct.....:silly: Im ready to trade it in and try and get a truck but I know that will definitely put a damper in my plans for the Crx so im chillin for now. .... A year ago I was I-vtec-ing all over the city with a stock swap.... This year it'll be on boost now.
I know it will be worth every second in the end..
just imagine the first time you stomp on it and let that wastegate open next to some unsuspecting camaro...bye bye
:wow:

· Premium Member
28,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Function said:
Well what confused me is when you posted this in your first post.

BDL Industries Alternator Pulley with 40" 6 ribbed Belt
Thanks for pointing that out to me.. I have Edited the first post to clear any confusion.....

· Premium Member
28,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
From your earlier post....
Function said:
I picked up the bdl pulley and a 40 inch belt. I had to use ALOT of washers to get tension. are you sure you used a 40 inch belt?
How many washers are you talking about here? How much was ALOT?

· Registered
2,760 Posts
dude nice setup, cant wait to see it running, i plan on gettin afi's stuff also ahah its good to see pics of it in ur car. keep up the great work and keep us updated. :up:

· Premium Member
28,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
Function said:
That was for the 40" belt. I used a 39" belt with NO spacers at all. wayyyy tight.

The 40" belt does not work at all..

39 and no spacers = god damn perfect.
Awkward... The part number for the belt that I wrote earlier is exactly what Im seeing on the package and on the belt..... Are you running a K20 or K24?

41 - 60 of 371 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.