Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday at a local car show they had a dyno jet setup and were charging $50 for 3 pulls. Well I did it to support my friends who were holding the show, turns out that my motor is getting stronger or something from last time i dynoed it. 1st time I dynoed the car on a dynapack it put down 178whp and 135ft. lbs untuned on a rsx-s w/ intake basemap. now a few months later out in the middle of the heat it put down 191whp. and 147 ft. lbs. I am very impressed with my engine to be untuned. The motor is a k20a2 from a 02 type s, my mods are a very short intake (90* turn back towards the tranny) a shitty hasport header, and a 3" exhaust from my 2.5" test pipe back. I cant waint to get some skunk cams and some tuning.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i knwo different dyno's yeild different numbers but just about everyone I know that tunes tunes on a dynojet. The dyna pack that I had run the car on is the one that is fishy.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yea, I know what your saying. I am going to believe the numbers off the dynojet over the dyna pack though. I have a buddy with a turbo b series and they "tuned" the car and it was making [email protected] psi on 110octain. EVERY other dyno that he has been on the car dyno's in the high 300's. He dynoed his car about an hour before mine and the weather was about the same, fairly hot and dry. He put down 387whp but that was at 16.5psi. The dyna pack that we both have dyno'd on is inside and is in a controled environment in their shop area.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.