Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 301 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, finally have enough in motion to start this thread. This is gonna be my streetcar. I live in the world of V8's and musclecars, so my intention is to build a car to take advantage of rich old men...gonna make a buck somewhere. I've owned lots of chassis before, but decided the em2 would be best for the lack of love for it.

I purchased the car brand new in late 2001, it is a 2002 model but they are all the same...I drove the car for years, but kept purchasing daily's to save from NH rot...

So here we go....

The car:

yes those are slips...dont hate...they are being sold as I write this and we have some new surprises in route...

Parts Collected So far:

Visteon/King Motorsports DC5 radiator...I work for a visteon dealer so I got a smokin deal...very nice product:up::up::up::up:

supertech flat faced valves...for higher Compression n/a baby, n/a.

brian Crower stage 3 cams, with springs, retainers and clips...

Golden eagle head studs

to many new honda parts to list, more en route...

fidanza flywheel, new starter, heat deflecting img...yes I know that is for a an rsx head, not a tsx...trust me...stay tuned

acl bearings

wiseco 12.5 cr pistons...for k24...thanks Colin

thanks Colin

rsx dash, for pimpin

s2k dash cluster...again thanks Colin

hybrid harness....bosch wideband

ep3 EPS

pic came out shitty...k24a2 block and head

more pics to follow...hopefully this will go quick

Rich

·
Premium Member
18,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
tryin, the em2 doesnt have all the rare baller options like some chassis...but its gonna be done right...clean....this place inspires me

·
Registered
118 Posts
nice build u got going man cant wait to see finished product im hopefully starting my swap soon i just need a few more parts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Nice collection of parts! I am interested in seeing how that cluster is going to look with the dc5 dash in the em2.

Keep us updated!

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Oh damb, wish i had a k24 built out street car! :) he he he... but nice.. Are those IP rods and pistons?? nICE! thats what ill be going with in my k24 :) .. ps do you have the EPS wire harness and contol box?

·
Premium Member
18,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh damb, wish i had a k24 built out street car! :) he he he... but nice.. Are those IP rods and pistons?? nICE! thats what ill be going with in my k24 :) .. ps do you have the EPS wire harness and contol box?
no I still need the harness and control box...I also need to figure out how to wire it up...no the rods and pistons are ib spec....they are CJM original pistons, before he went to the stroker kit of the gods....

·
Premium Member
18,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice collection of parts! I am interested in seeing how that cluster is going to look with the dcs dash in the em2.

Keep us updated!
I'm gonna have to modify an rsx dash cluster to make it work, just because of the way the dash is set up...

·
Registered
1,353 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
interesting, im going w/ 12:5 cp pistons...kinda scared of getting valves though...still debating if i wanna run on e85 or 93...

·
JDM KING/K20a Supporter
30,238 Posts
Hey this is goin to be an interested thread, nice going man... Keep up the work and the pics too... Nice... :up:

·
Premium Member
18,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
old crappy ones from the time when rice ruled the world...I'm thinking I want blacked out retro's though

·
Premium Member
18,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
interesting, im going w/ 12:5 cp pistons...kinda scared of getting valves though...still debating if i wanna run on e85 or 93...
you shouldnt be scared, when I got my motor all the valves were removed, so I had to get some anyway

·
Premium Member
18,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hey this is goin to be an interested thread, nice going man... Keep up the work and the pics too... Nice... :up:
thank you all...updates this weekend...the weather in NH has been horrible lately so even the garage has been to cold...and its heated

Rich

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
what made you decide to put an rsx dash in an em2? lol.

mine:

have power mirror switch and all hat now. need some new pics , lol , of it clean.

man your shit is gonna be bitchin , lol. that engine is gonna work. i wish i had 93 at the pumps available to me , id bump compression as well.

·
Premium Member
18,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
what made you decide to put an rsx dash in an em2? lol.

mine:

have power mirror switch and all hat now. need some new pics , lol , of it clean.

man your shit is gonna be bitchin , lol. that engine is gonna work. i wish i had 93 at the pumps available to me , id bump compression as well.
be proud, you inspire...

·
JDM KING/K20a Supporter
30,238 Posts
Dash would look really nice on you car man, freakin weather...!!! :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 301 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.