Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

41 - 60 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #41 (Edited)
No major updates. I spent most of this weekend just claying the engine several times checking each cylinder so that ate up my entire weekend. I am finally 100% satisfied will my clearances and have the head bolted down. All I added was the intake manifold and tomorrow I'll start adding all of the OEM accessories such as the new water pump, auto tensioner, etc. After that, I should have a more clear picture of what else is missing and I could generate my new list of parts.

Here is what the engine looks like so far:

Engine with Skunk2 manifold:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
It's coming along. I didn't add any gaskets or o-rings yet to any of the accessories because I just wanted to see where everything goes first. I have to get a new crank pulley and some other hoses.

Don't know what to do with this heater pipe. It hangs lower on the k24 block and doesn't reach the holder screw on the k20 head. What are you guys doing for this one?

·
...doesn't give a shit.
9,566 Posts
I'm pretty sure the K24 heater pipe would be better to use since the deck height of the block is taller than the the K20. If you didn't already have the K24 pipe, I have one that I can test fit on my block since I have a K24 block with K20 head in my garage right now.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
I'm pretty sure the K24 heater pipe would be better to use since the deck height of the block is taller than the the K20. If you didn't already have the K24 pipe, I have one that I can test fit on my block since I have a K24 block with K20 head in my garage right now.
Yea, I am going to test fit this afternoon and post pics back here to show the comparison. Thanks for the help and suggestion.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Why are you selling?
I am almost done with my second degree so paying student loans will start rolling in soon ;). I also got myself a 2013 E350. Quite frankly, I have a family and looking for comfort and stability with my car. I don't have the drive to finish and keep up with a powerful build as this.

Plus, I.T. work takes up a lot of my time.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I am almost done with my second degree so paying student loans will start rolling in soon ;). I also got myself a 2013 E350. Quite frankly, I have a family and looking for comfort and stability with my car. I don't have the drive to finish and keep up with a powerful build as this.

Plus, I.T. work takes up a lot of my time.
a shame to never see the build finished

41 - 60 of 62 Posts