Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
2002 DC5 Type S
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This Mugen DC5 Type R front sway bar is 25.4mm x 4.5mm wall thickness and has crazy clearance for headers. It really gives options to a custom header design. Plus with a 4.5mm wall thickness this is a seriously strong sway bar and hollow for weight savings. The rear is a 24mm bar and I do believe it is solid, I do not know if the rear is chromoly or steel. I hope it is chromoly making it stronger than steel. These are pricey being $365 for the front plus at least $165 to ship. I would be alright with owning them. I am pretty sure the bar is made to work with the JDM aluminum front control arms which need the Type R axles (10mm longer than Type S axles)

·
Premium Member
483 Posts
This Mugen DC5 front sway bar is 25.4mm x 4.5mm wall thickness and has crazy clearance for headers. It really gives options to a custom header design. Plus with a 4.5mm wall thickness this is a seriously strong sway bar and hollow for weight savings. The rear is a 24mm bar and I do believe it is solid, I do not know if the rear is chromoly or steel. I hope it is chromoly making it stronger than steel. These are pricey being $365 for the front plus at least $165 to ship. I would be alright with owning them.

View attachment 105109
The front is real nice, where did you find them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
2002 DC5 Type S
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The front is real nice, where did you find them?

The front one is fresh nice...

·
2002 DC5 Type S
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would be sure to call
Do you think it will fit D17 Chassis, got a 2002 Honda civic ex 2 door

Not sure. I am sure this bar works with the JDM aluminum front control arms with needs Type R axles (10mm longer on each side than the Type S axles).

·
Registered
75 Posts
Do it man! Have you ordered from Nengun before? I have been eyeballing stuff from them for a while now. I finally got my engine off to the machine shop so the build is moving again. Feeling ready to buy suspension, brakes, wheels and so on.

·
2002 DC5 Type S
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Do it man! Have you ordered from Nengun before? I have been eyeballing stuff from them for a while now. I finally got my engine off to the machine shop so the build is moving again. Feeling ready to buy suspension, brakes, wheels and so on.
I have not ordered from Nengun, their shipping rates are high. Glad to hear your build is moving forward can't wait to see it.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have not ordered from Nengun, their shipping rates are high. Glad to hear your build is moving forward can't wait to see it.
I can't wait to see too lol. Being new to this it's kind of hard being patient, especially living and growing up in this me me instant gratification world. Really praying everything turns out well with the build, failure or giving up would be sad to me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts