Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve been working on a new project, putting my k20a into an MR2. Less then two years ago, I acquired a 91 MR2 N/A as the deal was to good to pass up. Original owner, 60,000kms on it, garage kept, never seen snow or rain. It was a garage queen.

photo of the first day I got it:

Automotive parking light Car Wheel Vehicle registration plate Automotive side marker light

· Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
started the swap last winter, now on the second winter. I’ve lost track of how many beers have gone into this project. But I’m sure enjoying the time.

k20 out of the EP

Tire Wheel Car Automotive tire Hood

and 5sfe out of the MR2

Tire Vehicle Wheel Automotive lighting Hood

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

· Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Used the Toyonda mounts to get the K20a into the 2. They worked out great. Put on a spare k20a2 valve cover I had in storage on the engine, as the Type R valve cover was in rough shape. Not sure how I feel about the white valve cover, probably why it’s been in storage for 15 years. Lol

also put on an Excess manifold, and Action twin disk clutch

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate

it sure fits in there nicely

Attachments

· Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So the plan is to run the EFR7163 twinscroll on the JDM K20a. It may cause it to choke up a bit in the higher end, but the goal is to have it be fun to drive. Transmission is NPR3

· Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Installed some Fortune Auto Coilovers, with swift springs 6K front 8K rear. And also dropped the gas tank:

Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Tire Vehicle registration plate

that’s a long tank, plan is to install a new fuel pump, walbro 450.

I’m still planning out the A/W system. I think I’ve got you all caught up.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts