Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im getting a EF8 SiR front clip soon(in January or February to be exact), and was wondering will the K20A mounts meant for USDM EFs(d-series motors) work?
also i was watching a old Best Motoring video and in it the president of Spoon talks about the B18C swap into a EF9 SiR. he said they used axles from an integra and that it fit perfectly. so does this mean i can use axles meant for K-motor/dc2 hybrid in the K/EF hybrid?

Thanks, Kevin

·
Registered
599 Posts
K2e2vin said:
im getting a EF8 SiR front clip soon(in January or February to be exact), and was wondering will the K20A mounts meant for USDM EFs(d-series motors) work?
also i was watching a old Best Motoring video and in it the president of Spoon talks about the B18C swap into a EF9 SiR. he said they used axles from an integra and that it fit perfectly. so does this mean i can use axles meant for K-motor/dc2 hybrid in the K/EF hybrid?

Thanks, Kevin
The problem with the SiR front end is threefold; first off the rear crossmember is different so the rear mounting bolt holes are about a half inch further to the right than the US Civic or CRX. Next the left-hand framerail has a different mount bracket on it so it will not line up with the EFK left hand mount. Last the right-hand frame rail has a different shape to it for transmission clearance. This of course causes a problem with our bracket that then welds onto the framerail.

There is hope though, over the next year I plan to do a kit for the 90-93 Integra, this one may need some minor modifications to fit the JDM SiR. The main difference would be the right-hand framerail bracket.

brian g

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.