Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for places to mount my del sol radiator with my k swap. I looked at the factory mounting place and I like it there alot but the hose would have to come along the top of the intake manifold and I would have to get a custom lower radiator hose. I have the radiator mounted on the tranny side of the engine bay and there is a slight hood clearance issue with it there. The only thing with it there though, is I can use the top an bottom radiator hoses with it mounted there. I would prefer to mount it back in the original place if anyone can help me out as to how. thanks.

·
Registered
414 Posts
You can keep the factory mounting point of the radiator.You would need an extension pipe,which could be bought at a plumbing supply, and a few generic bends of hose,which most auto parts stores keep in stock.The thermo housing would need to be swapped around to face the opposite direction,which only requires slight clearancing of the thermo housing.

·
Registered
81 Posts
fearless_dsm said:
You can keep the factory mounting point of the radiator.You would need an extension pipe,which could be bought at a plumbing supply, and a few generic bends of hose,which most auto parts stores keep in stock.The thermo housing would need to be swapped around to face the opposite direction,which only requires slight clearancing of the thermo housing.
Can't do it if you plan on running A/C in your ride. Will have to mount radiator on the opposite side

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am going to pick up some pieces of metal and drill holes in each side. One side for the radiator pegs to slide into and the other to mount to the radiator support with some metal screws or nuts and bolts to be my own bottom supports, where I have it mounted now I can use the factory top and bottom a2 radiator hoses.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.