Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well im looking at my head here and its got two valves suck in in the holes sideways and the valve seats basicly broke up and were found in the IM and the oilpan. my guess is that the head is scrap now?

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
post some pics. you would be amazed what a good machine shop can do.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

thats all i got for now, its cold and i havent ventured into the garage in some time.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Lets see the combustion chambers. Hopefully you didn't remove the spark plugs, as that'll do in the threads. We typically machine off the end of mangled plugs, so the stock threads remain in-tact.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lets see the combustion chambers. Hopefully you didn't remove the spark plugs, as that'll do in the threads. We typically machine off the end of mangled plugs, so the stock threads remain in-tact.
the plugs were taken out by the shop when the scoped the inside, the chamber is just beat up, ill see if i can get a pic sometime this weekend.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
With the piston top that beat up, I would just look for a used head to drop your internals into. Machining costs for repairing the head will usually be above what you can usually find a used head for.

·
Registered
81 Posts
We can fix the head without any problems, but with the collateral damage in all the other chambers, the expense would be such that you should consider purchasing a replacement head. If the head was a really killer piece with a lot of expensive rework, it'd be worth saving...but it isn't.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts