Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after months off and on tring to get my car back up and running i cant get it to turn over.

i bought new battery, starter, and hybrid racing harness. i just got a stock type s ecu.

everything seems to be good i got the charge light and oil light showing and i just got the check engine light and fuel pump to come on.

when i go to start it it cant turn over.

could i have flooded the engine? if so what do i do?
help is greatly appreciated. i feel so close on getting it running again.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
checked grounds they all okay.(used test light)

yea i disconnected the alarm a while back. its pretty much just hanging wires.

for some reason my batt is dead. i try to jump it and it cranks but still cant turn over.

i feel and think that its not getting any spark. i tried using the test light to see if the coil pack has power goin to them but they just have ground.

or do i need some one to try starting it to see if there is power.

i just keep getting problem after problem.

·
Premium Member
4,294,967,295 Posts
Pull the plugs on all of the cylinders one by one, see if they are wet. If they are wet then you have no spark. Chances are the injectors are gummed up, tap them and make sure they are opening. When you apply voltage to them they should click. If they don't click then that is your problem.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hey signalpuke i think dat might be it. i tried getting power to the injectors i only got one of em to click once and that was it. they all got power going to them.

when i turn the car on theres nothing.

could it be the injectors or something else also.

oh yea its a k20a2 in a 92 hatch.

·
Premium Member
4,294,967,295 Posts
hey signalpuke i think dat might be it. i tried getting power to the injectors i only got one of em to click once and that was it. they all got power going to them.

when i turn the car on theres nothing.

could it be the injectors or something else also.

oh yea its a k20a2 in a 92 hatch.
Sounds like the injectors to me. Clean off the tips of the other injectors with some carb cleaner and make sure the plug connects are clean. Tap them with power to loosen them up, and keep cleaning them.

·
Registered
457 Posts
umm... you said you have a stock type s ecu? im pretty sure the immobilizer would prevent it from turning over then.

·
Super Moderator
26,616 Posts
umm... you said you have a stock type s ecu? im pretty sure the immobilizer would prevent it from turning over then.
I was just thinking the same thing... LOL
But he said
back up and running
So im wondering if it was running before..

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
will try and clean the injectors. thanks

oh and yeah it was running before but i had another ecu with kpro. water got into the ecu and now cant work. kpro seems like its okay. water just got to the stock circuit board. i was gonna send the kro to get it checked out and see if i still can use it onto the stock ecu.

is there anyway i can turn off the immoblizer?
or do i need kpro?

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
it would still turn over even if it was the immobiliser , just wouldnt start.

·
Registered
457 Posts
will try and clean the injectors. thanks

oh and yeah it was running before but i had another ecu with kpro. water got into the ecu and now cant work. kpro seems like its okay. water just got to the stock circuit board. i was gonna send the kro to get it checked out and see if i still can use it onto the stock ecu.

is there anyway i can turn off the immoblizer?
or do i need kpro?
shizzam! there is your problem. just what i thought. you should have told us you were running another ecu w/ kpro before this one. basically your engine will not start but will crank without having the immobilizer de-activated. it's a security feature many automotive manufacturers use. it all involves the use of the key, immobilizer unit, and the ecu. they all have to match.

the only way your car will start is with a JDM Type R ECU(doesn't have the immobilizer), or an ECU w/ Kpro.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
no he can get his keys programmed to any ecu as well.

·
Super Moderator
26,616 Posts
Guys. It's a K20a2 into an EG using the factory keys..... There is no key programming happening here..

He will need to first check to see if the Kpro is working correctly.. If it is, then it needs to be transferred over to the new ECU that he has..

The replacement ECU you bought will not just start up the car like that because the immobilizer is in effect.. The KPro will allow you to disable it so you need to have it switched over it if isn't damaged..

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
im sorry my bad , i never seen the EG. sorry about that guy.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Guys. It's a K20a2 into an EG using the factory keys..... There is no key programming happening here..

He will need to first check to see if the Kpro is working correctly.. If it is, then it needs to be transferred over to the new ECU that he has..

The replacement ECU you bought will not just start up the car like that because the immobilizer is in effect.. The KPro will allow you to disable it so you need to have it switched over it if isn't damaged..
hmmm... thats what i thought. he'd have to have the original keys from the donor car correct? which would be the rsx. so yeah, the civic key cannot be programmed.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
oh okays i see. so its easy as that getting the kpro. i hope that mines still working. so im guessing the immobalizer controls the injectors and dont really need to care for it untill i get kpro. we i like to thank you all for all your help. will let you all know what happens.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts