Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
97 civic HX K24a
1,238 Posts
If you can find the oem k20z3 LSD from an 06-11 civic si that’s probably going to be the cheapest route , around 3-450$ used if you can find one. You will need a new diff bearing for the install. Type r gearbox are very nice, but $$$

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you can find the oem k20z3 LSD from an 06-11 civic si that’s probably going to be the cheapest route , around 3-450$ used if you can find one. You will need a new diff bearing for the install. Type r gearbox are very nice, but $$$
Are you talking about an FD2? I'm in the UK and we didn't get them over here so I doubt I will be able to find one very easily

·
Registered
97 civic HX K24a
1,238 Posts
Are you talking about an FD2? I'm in the UK and we didn't get them over here so I doubt I will be able to find one very easily
Ya I guess it would be an fd2
this is what I was referring to , but any of the oem lsd will work

the mfactory lsd is 800 but comes with a lifetime warranty , something to consider.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
7,287 Posts
Wondering the cheapest/recommended way to put an LSD in a k24 trans or if its better to just buy a different trans eg. DC5
Beside aftermarket stuff used OEM stuff. Very rarely guys in Europe sell their Y2M3 transmission torsion LSD's to upgrade with an clutch type LSD. I would check out race market sites, EBay and local used market platforms.

·
Registered
02 EP3 w/K20A R, 97/00 EK w/B16B R, 94 EG2 B16A3, 90 EF9 B16A OBD1, 95 B14 SER Turbo
6 Posts
Wondering the cheapest/recommended way to put an LSD in a k24 trans or if its better to just buy a different trans eg. DC5
speaking from personal experience (i know theres alot of negative hype surrounding these things) but i am using one with a K20A in an EP3 with type-s Trans... I gotta say its fabulous for a $30 lsd solution!! Both wheels spin when they lose traction, and the car still turns like it was intended to. What more can you ask for of a part that cheap. Been driving modded Hondas since 1997.. it would have been nice to have had these things 20 years ago. You can feel the same power transfer fight side to side when tires start to gain and lose traction that u would with a real LSD 👍👌 for those that dont know what I'm talking about.. ite called PhantomGrip (or a brand less one will work) no regrets

·
Registered
97 civic HX K24a
1,238 Posts
speaking from personal experience (i know theres alot of negative hype surrounding these things) but i am using one with a K20A in an EP3 with type-s Trans... I gotta say its fabulous for a $30 lsd solution!! Both wheels spin when they lose traction, and the car still turns like it was intended to. What more can you ask for of a part that cheap. Been driving modded Hondas since 1997.. it would have been nice to have had these things 20 years ago. You can feel the same power transfer fight side to side when tires start to gain and lose traction that u would with a real LSD 👍👌 for those that dont know what I'm talking about.. ite called PhantomGrip (or a brand less one will work) no regrets View attachment 103875
I had a gsr way back when that had a phantom grip, supposedly if they break and let go nothing happens, it just makes the diff open again.

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
7,287 Posts
Thanks @FreEP3TypeR for your experience, I didn't know this kit.

...for those that dont know what I'm talking about.. ite called PhantomGrip (or a brand less one will work) no regrets
Found this:

·
Registered
02 EP3 w/K20A R, 97/00 EK w/B16B R, 94 EG2 B16A3, 90 EF9 B16A OBD1, 95 B14 SER Turbo
6 Posts
[reply="Yeah its pretty straight fwd install and since it is just a stock open dif, you would be removing it completely if you purchase an actual LSD kit. So just pull dif out, open the dif up, grind or cut the ring like lip off the two gears on the top and bottom. This makes the space for the block to occupy. Just finished the build; 4mo solo full restore, so limited time using it so far, but about to take 1400mi road trip so can let know how it faired over long distance/high mile trip. Will post update forthcoming 👍"]

Heres some additional pics.

Thanks @FreEP3TypeR for your experience, I didn't know this kit.

FreEP3R:

P_20201125_173244_vHDR_On.jpg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts