Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

81 - 95 of 95 Posts

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
5,771 Posts
2002 K20A...K20A...04 -...05
The year is to unprecise, sorry.

My guess: on a higher probability these are different cam sets. The first must be a 14110-PRC-000/14120-PRC-000 and the donor engine is likely a 14110-PRC-030/14120-PRC-030. The last part number set has a revised intake cam lobe profile and need a slightly different calibration.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Can I put 92 octane in my RSX?
I drive a 2003 Acura RSX Type-S.. it takes 93 octane, and I want to add 92. I know a lot about cars, but not a lot about octanes. The gas station I run for a grocery store, and they have a deal. For every dollar you spend at this store, you get a value point. For every 150 value points you get, you get a value visit. If you have 1 value visit, you get 15¢ off a gallon of gas on any day of the week. On Wednesday, if you have two, you get 30¢ off a gallon; if you have three, you get 45¢ off a gallon; and on special days, if you have five, you get 75¢ off a gallon. I have one value point, and the highest octane at the gas station is 92. Would it be ok to put 92 in the car for that 15¢ off? Or should I just go to another station and put 93 in it?

·
Registered
48 Posts
The owners manual states:
"Use a premium unleaded gasoline with a pump octane number of 91 or higher."

I'm not sure what kind of logic Honda's knock system used in 2003, but I know the current Ford knock logic generally learns an octane modifier, between 80'ish and 93 Anti-Knock Index (what is posted on US fuel pumps).

When I road trip I generally only buy 87 AKI fuel because I'm not exploring the knock limits cruising at 80 mph, and it's cheaper. Just can't stomp the pedal. You'll be fine.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Can I put 92 octane in my RSX?
I drive a 2003 Acura RSX Type-S.. it takes 93 octane, and I want to add 92. I know a lot about cars, but not a lot about octanes. The gas station I run for a grocery store, and they have a deal. For every dollar https://solitaire.onl/ 9apps.ooo/ https://bluestacks.vip/ you spend at this store, you get a value point. For every 150 value points you get, you get a value visit. If you have 1 value visit, you get 15¢ off a gallon of gas on any day of the week. On Wednesday, if you have two, you get 30¢ off a gallon; if you have three, you get 45¢ off a gallon; and on special days, if you have five, you get 75¢ off a gallon. I have one value point, and the highest octane at the gas station is 92. Would it be ok to put 92 in the car for that 15¢ off? Or should I just go to another station and put 93 in it?

my issue got solved!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
How can I get more horsepower out of my ep3 si for cheap the car was givin to me it’s bone stock except for a SRI and i am currently running around 185hp
Btw it’s a k20a3

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
5,771 Posts
How can I get more horsepower out of my ep3 si for cheap the car was givin to me it’s bone stock except for a SRI and i am currently running around 185hp
Btw it’s a k20a3
Swap a K20A2 in it, for less then 3000 USD you can find complete swap material. That's my suggestion. The K20A3 isn't a very thankful partner regarding power investment.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Actually my k30a3 is pretty good for power and I don’t got that kind of money the hp isn’t bad and it can chirp 4th it’s not slow and imo it’s pretty fast for a first car

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
5,771 Posts
Actually my k30a3 is pretty good for power and I don’t got that kind of money the hp isn’t bad and it can chirp 4th it’s not slow and imo it’s pretty fast for a first car
Ok, I understood. A step forward could be a header (4-2-1 system), which has a it's support of maybe 1st, definitely 2nd and 3rd order frequencies in between 3000 rpm and 6000 rpm. A tune is necessary afterwards. In total around 1500 USD (header 400$, Doctronic ECU for Tuning 500$, tune 400-600$) when you are on the cheap side. Around 10 hp are possible, but I think not worth the money if your budget is that limited. I would save the money and do a swap later.

81 - 95 of 95 Posts