Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

61 - 80 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just to straighten out a few things things,i have a 03 euro accord 2.4 6 speed(tsx) on the block it says k24a3-now if i was to believe everything i read i would apparantly have the slowest of the k24's with only half a vtec mech on one cam,WRONG,IT HAS 3 LOBES ON EACH CYLINDER ON BOTH CAMS AND VTC AND A DYNO RUN OF 205BHP-just to clear things up .So i want to see no more about the euro accords only having vtec-e
interesting! mine dose 200hp on wheels but only after Mugen catback and Mugen carbon inteakbox and air filter instalation.

·
Registered
16 Posts
sucks for the ep3 owners
Not if you have a Type R :worship:

Speaking of, I couldn't really find much on the engine in my car? Being the JDM model it's good for approx 215hp and revs out to 8,500rpm but does it use i-VTEC or real VTEC? I ask because it doesn't seem to TEC as hard as my old B18cr used to

·
Premium Member
19,965 Posts
i-vtec IS real vtec,only better

the reason it does'nt seem to "tec" as hard is it is a much smoother engine. If you were to tune the vtec crossover to a higher rpm and detune the mid-range a bit K-series vtec would hit just as hard as b-series vtec..but fortunately we have the better tuning from the factory and we have a much better midrange.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Oh yep. That makes sense. I just kinda miss the outrageous boooBAAAA noise my teg used to make. Gotta move with the times though. And I love the low down pull the civic has over my old integra.

·
Registered
6 Posts
hey got a question for all your any info would help asap..
is the k20z3 run on a throttle cable or is different from a k20a3 since i know the k20a3 has throttle cable?

·
Premium Member
19,965 Posts
hey got a question for all your any info would help asap..
is the k20z3 run on a throttle cable or is different from a k20a3 since i know the k20a3 has throttle cable?
the K20Z3(originally found in the 8th gen civic si) is drive by wire,there's only a wire that branches off the engine harness that goes to the throttlebody.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Okay so i had k20a3 on my 05 ep3 Si and left alp the harness wires but bought a k20z3 and burly found out they run on drive wire.any suggestions what i need to make it work.any any suggestions would be very help full

·
Premium Member
19,965 Posts
Okay so i had k20a3 on my 05 ep3 Si and left alp the harness wires but bought a k20z3 and burly found out they run on drive wire.any suggestions what i need to make it work.any any suggestions would be very help full
once the Z3 is in another chassis you don't have to utilize the DBW,you can bolt the correct throttlebody on and the cable bracket and be good to go. Yo

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a question, I'm new at modding engine so don't laught at me...
I currently own an Acura Csx with the K20Z2 engine and auto transmission.
I was wondering if I could swap a k20A type r engine but keep my transmission... I know someone who currently sell only the engine.
What would I need? Is it feasable?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Anything can be done. But in reality auto trans from Honda aren't that reliable, furthermore the gears would drop off and not be to match them high revs the r motor is made for.

·
Registered
2 Posts
K20z3: what kind of build you guys doing and what hp and tq ya made. Trying to make the best decisions before I start buying the internals.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
K20 need help

Hello guys I hace an ep3 stock motor k20a3 and my car won't pass 4000 rpm I was digging about what could be wrong with my car so I did my homework and it seen to be some problem with the oil pressure I already change my oil y change the vtec selenoid twice I even change the conector and still my car won't pass 4000 rpm the strange thing is that sometimes he wakes up normal and after 1 day it goes again with the problem si I don't know if something it's broken for good I don't think so because then it would never pass 4000 but some days he does do you guys use to have this problem or do you guys have something that it can help me?

·
Registered
3 Posts
All good time!
My question is on replacing the camshaft on к20а. I have a motor к20а 160л.with. honda stepwgn . Can I approach the camshafts from Honda Accord cl7 what is the difference between phases, angles? CAN THEY BE DELIVERED WITHOUT ANY FIRMWARE, IF NOT THEN WHY? We need a professional answer. Thanks in advance.

61 - 80 of 95 Posts