Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i modified my stock injectors which are the type s and they flow 310 and since a modified them they should be flowing at 510-520 right?? I set up my kal and i put in kmanager on the injector size 510. So i did that the car started up i let it idle and everything so i was like lets go do some pulls datalog it to see how its working but once i rev it up just to rev it and the motor shuts off so i turned it on again rev it again and it dies again so i was like lets try 520 and samething it died after i rev it. i have tried 500 510 520 550 555 and nothing it all dies. so can anybody tell me what did i do wrong? :(:confused:

thanks guys
kevin

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
make sure u uploaded the right calibration for ur specific vehicle,, happened to someone i know.. not with injectors but uploading a wrong cal so he uploaded it again and made sure all his parameters were correct then did it again then ran fine..

question??? u running 510 injectors on a stock setup?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have check everything on the kal and still it died. I had it at 550cc and at idle the af was between 15.10-14.02. I just came back from getting my car tuned and my tuner put them to 900cc and now it doesn't died but at idle the af is 11.20-13.50. So I'm really lost on this now. Can you guys help me out?

·
Premium Member
1,852 Posts
I have check everything on the kal and still it died. I had it at 550cc and at idle the af was between 15.10-14.02. I just came back from getting my car tuned and my tuner put them to 900cc and now it doesn't died but at idle the af is 11.20-13.50. So I'm really lost on this now. Can you guys help me out?
at 15.1 to 14.02 your car should idle like a champ as far as fuel goes. Might be another problem.

did the car run correctly immediately before swapping injectors? Was anything else worked on at the same time.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No that was it the only thing that was done to the motor. The car ran great and still does. The thing is that I don't get is why does it died at 500,510,520,550,555cc after you rev it. It runs good on all of those but once you let off and try and let it idle it dies but now that my tuner put them on 900cc it doesn't die but I know that they don't flow that much they should be at 510-520 right? :confused: oh and if you wanna know how much it made 230whp on a dynojet

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
you need to completely re-tune your fuel map tables those old values from the stock 310cc don't work 100% with the new injectors. once you re do your fuel tables it'll be fine.

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
only thing i coulda think of is that either the injectors are clogged and need to be sent out to clean it...

or

u did it wrong so its not spraying evenly on all 4 injectors..
3 might be running right but the other one is running lean or something.. take the injrctors out and take a pic of the tips

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.