Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
61 - 80 of 154 Posts

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
I keep contemplating doin this S2000 pump swap, but would it really matter on a stock K20a motor? I've heard people taking their z1 pumps to 9 without any cavitation problems. Im gonna change it either way, but I dunno if I'd really need to get one since im only really tryin to go to 9k max. Should I just run and z1 pump and not waste the money on the S2k oil pump setup?

·
Registered
382 Posts
I keep contemplating doin this S2000 pump swap, but would it really matter on a stock K20a motor? I've heard people taking their z1 pumps to 9 without any cavitation problems. Im gonna change it either way, but I dunno if I'd really need to get one since im only really tryin to go to 9k max. Should I just run and z1 pump and not waste the money on the S2k oil pump setup?
I have been turning my stock Z4 to 9k for 13,000 kms. There was some evidence indicating cavitation when the engine was opened. I've since installed crower stage II FI cams and forged bottom end and will be turning to 9~9.5k all day.

In my opinion if you are no going over 8500 rpm the stock oil pump is fine. The second you go over 8500 rpm your killing your engine with the stock pump. I have ordered my ERL S2k pump and would not turn my engine to 9k + rpm without it. I will be running a stock K24 pan and will be paying close attention to the oil pressure in long tight sweeping bends, hoping to get away without any baffles in the pan.. If there are some decent pressure drops the pan will need some baffles....

·
Registered
103 Posts
I am somewhat new to the k series scene. I am working on getting everything together to do a k24a2 swap into my ek and was wondering if this upgrade is worth it even though i am just planning on using a built head and stock bottom end?

·
Registered
103 Posts
as far as the issue with the arp studs go. has anyone found a solution to that yet? i am going to be building my motor soon and want to use this pump, how ever i do not want to encounter this problem. will have a thread later on on my build.....

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
has anyone actually tried a k20z3 or k20z4 (fd2-r) oil pan?
The problem with that is that modded pumps like the ERL one are designed to be used with the k24 pans, so even if it fits over it, the proper spacing may not be there.

·
Premium Member
5,000 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Topic revival...

I got a question for those who run a K24 pan on her K20

For the buttom bolt on the trans who usually bolt in the pan do you use the engine stiffner from the TSX?

Can you see the flywheel or do they have any possibility of dirt enter in the clutch housing?

I'm currious to know that I just put an ERL S2k oil pump on my K20 but i'm wating for my chain so the engine is not put all togetter yet and I was thinking about that whene is see the diffenrence between the two oil pan.

·
Premium Member
464 Posts
Topic revival...

I got a question for those who run a K24 pan on her K20

For the buttom bolt on the trans who usually bolt in the pan do you use the engine stiffner from the TSX?

Can you see the flywheel or do they have any possibility of dirt enter in the clutch housing?

I'm currious to know that I just put an ERL S2k oil pump on my K20 but i'm wating for my chain so the engine is not put all togetter yet and I was thinking about that whene is see the diffenrence between the two oil pan.
I used the engine stiffener from the CRV...p/n 11950-PPA-000(Use ill #2 in the link below.). Either one would probably work but you cant see the flywheel at all. It covers the hole completely. But there should be 2 bottom bolts on the tranny and then 2 bolts that go ino the block, one from the bottom and one from the side.

http://www.hondapartsdeals.com/hpa_...ionID=3&SectionID=1&IllustrationGroupID=10452

·
Registered
29 Posts
Allright!

Thanks but you just confirm wath I was thinking

I've order my new engine stiffner from my dealer and the 4 bolts just to be sure!

·
Registered
203 Posts
i noticed a couple of people asking about the arp main bolt clearance, and then went to erl's website to look at things. dont they say they are using arp bolts for their sleeved blocks? so im guessing it should fit with little to no problems... just a thought

·
Premium Member
5,000 Posts
anyone try a k24z3 cast aluminum pan? still looking for a baffled pan to run with the s2k pump :eek:

61 - 80 of 154 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.