Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
What's wrong with the throttle cable? I modded my honda APP sensor to fit my 240sx throttle cable as did speed academy for their throttle body.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
What's wrong with the throttle cable? I modded my honda APP sensor to fit my 240sx throttle cable as did speed academy for their throttle body.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The OE cable was too short to reach the TB. I ordered one for a later Supra model that's 5" longer. The barrel that inserts into the throttle pulley is a little too large but that's easily fixed.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Dyno time.

After a few teething issues the K24 is running well in its new home. The torque curve is quite different than the inline 6 cyl!

I'll upload video of a run when I figure out how to get it off my phone :lol:

[video=youtube;k7UdSB87I6c]

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Track day update: Road Atlanta 12-6-19. Video will be added when iMovie stops crashing on my laptop.

Executive summary:
1. The car drove onto the trailer under its own power after 5 sessions.
2. Oil pressure (65psi hot at speed, 33 at idle) and coolant temps (180-190) remained steady all day.
3. With a couple of clear laps during the final session it ran its fastest lap ever at RA: Hand-timed 1:43.9
4. The cars weighs 2340 lb with no driver and the weight distribution is 50/50. Now I have to find a way to increase front grip!
5. The transmission has a big gap between 2nd and 3rd gear that was not as evident with a torquey 6 cylinder.

Video of the 4th session: Never got a clean lap.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

41 - 45 of 45 Posts