Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
changing setups now use to have stock k20z3 setup did good but now i want more power and torque. i been debating on what kinda cams and valvespring retainer kit to get or interchange or mixmatch. going back and forth trying to read around k20a.org so if anybody can possibly help me out in getting my setup done and to make a near 265-300 range feel free to input your opinion.

Short Block set up so far-
-K24a4 block
-bp ultralight I-beam rods
-wiseco 87.5mm 13.7:1 Comp. pistons
-bored, honed, and balanced complete rotating assembly from pulley to act clutch setup w/ prolight flywheel and rods weighd big end-small end and pistons to max 10k redline. which im not planning on reving that high
-and not sleeved

Head
-stock port k20z3
-xcessive intake manifold
-bdl 70mm maybe bigger
-650cc injectors
-cams???
-springs/retainer???

Trans
-Stock k20z3 6spd lsd

so yea if anybody can help me out w/ a great opinion on cams and valvetrain set up to match my block setup let me know that'll help me out greatly and also trying to save some money of course so i guess you can say "THE BEST BANG FOR THE BUCK" head package. thanx k20a family.

·
Registered
44,673 Posts
10,000 RPM is not a mild build.
At that rate you will need pretty large cams, which means larger valve reliefs, which means custom pistons.
I would go with KME's w/the recommended supertech combo, and keep the redline to 9,000 at the most. :up:

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
DRAG CARTEL SPEC 4 CAMS AND SUPERTECH VALVETRAIN. And wit that piston u could get up to 30 vtc. what thickness on ur head gasket? u should see bout 295 at the wheels.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
10,000 RPM is not a mild build.
At that rate you will need pretty large cams, which means larger valve reliefs, which means custom pistons.
I would go with KME's w/the recommended supertech combo, and keep the redline to 9,000 at the most. :up:
-yea for sure lol 10k was nowhere near what i was lol 9k is what im lookin for as well. that sounds like a good recamendation thanx! (just as lil on the pricey side for the KME'S but i know they make great power)

Supertech, Blueprintracing valvetrain!!! IPS KME, SKunk2 stage 3, or Blueprintracing stage 3's!!
-yea thanx man sounds like reallly u good recamendations from you too, im thinking skunk stage 3 or bp3's

DRAG CARTEL SPEC 4 CAMS AND SUPERTECH VALVETRAIN. And wit that piston u could get up to 30 vtc. what thickness on ur head gasket? u should see bout 295 at the wheels.
drag cartel huh hmm... imma have to look into these i know they make great power from what i seen on their drag car... thanx bro

well w/ those few suggestions you guys have made it all sound really good thanx for the help if theres anyother suggestions feel free to post im pretty sure there are plenty of ppl on this site that are probably askin the same questions.

ill be lookin for some supertech springs and retainers for a good deal if anybody has any or knows where i can get some for a great deal lmk again tryin to save a lil bit of money thanx everyone keep it comming w/ suggestions:up::up::up::up:

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
Is this for race only? That's really high compression for Cali pump gas...

·
Registered
3,778 Posts
well w/ those few suggestions you guys have made it all sound really good thanx for the help if theres anyother suggestions feel free to post im pretty sure there are plenty of ppl on this site that are probably askin the same questions.

ill be lookin for some supertech springs and retainers for a good deal if anybody has any or knows where i can get some for a great deal lmk again tryin to save a lil bit of money thanx everyone keep it comming w/ suggestions:up::up::up::up:
I have the skunk2 stage 3's the supertech valvesprings and retainers for sale here>>>> http://k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=55351

·
Registered
3,778 Posts
Yeah man just let me know! I like the setup too. A dude here in Houston just made 334whp with these cams too on an AFI intake manifold. Just want to get money together to build myself a sick race block and head!

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
You sorta have the same set up as u do, I have an 88 bore, instead of a 87.5 and I have an unported RBC IM...I have a supertech VT and the IPS KME's and made 280whp and 208tq on a mustang, not a power house by all means....But it did makle more power than last time...but most off the power was because my Sk2 stg3's were the first version and had no cam gear...

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You sorta have the same set up as I do, I have an 88 bore, instead of a 87.5 and I have an unported RBC IM...I have a supertech VT and the IPS KME's and made 280whp and 208tq on a mustang, not a power house by all means....But it did makle more power than last time...but most off the power was because my Sk2 stg3's were the first version and had no cam gear...
so your saying you made more power w/ the KME's right? do you think you woulda made about the same or more w/ the s2s3 w/ ex-cam gear? do you know what cam degree you made most power in and what rpm do you race it alot or only on events? how reliable is your setup so far? lmk more info please still debating on what cams

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
And the drag cartel are a great price. They cost like 1000. And i had kme cams and made 285 changed to those and made 309. No other difference.

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
so your saying you made more power w/ the KME's right? do you think you woulda made about the same or more w/ the s2s3 w/ ex-cam gear? do you know what cam degree you made most power in and what rpm do you race it alot or only on events? how reliable is your setup so far? lmk more info please still debating on what cams
I think the sk2 would make more power if I had the ex gear....correct me if I'm wrong but the ext cam on the version 1's were off a bit...and have to use the gear to get it lined back up again...The power I gained was because the IPS were lined up correctly....My set up is very reiable, I drive it to my local track and back....never had a problem, tuned on E85. I race events when I'm around...but been running this set up for 1 1/2

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I think the sk2 would make more power if I had the ex gear....correct me if I'm wrong but the ext cam on the version 1's were off a bit...and have to use the gear to get it lined back up again...The power I gained was because the IPS were lined up correctly....My set up is very reiable, I drive it to my local track and back....never had a problem, tuned on E85. I race events when I'm around...but been running this set up for 1 1/2
wow sounds good man koo koo

·
Registered
78 Posts
I know BluePrint has a brand new set of Pro Series cams that they say are a high lift low duration cam. I think they go for right around ~950 or so.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I know BluePrint has a brand new set of Pro Series cams that they say are a high lift low duration cam. I think they go for right around ~950 or so.
thats not bad ill look into it thanx

dam man k-series cams are hella expensive lol i guess go big or go home and you get what you pay for huh...:wow:

·
Registered
3,778 Posts
I cant really give an opinion on them due to the fact that I have run only supertech with every build I have done!! Never had one problem.:up:

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.