Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Wassap everyone on K20a. Name is miguel most know me as migz. I'm new to the site. Been on forums all my time with the cars transitioning to vlogging but I'm still comfortable writing rather than recording lol

Well now to the good stuff
I own a 93 integra RS that in it's current state needs lots of love mainly cosmetically.
I've had it since 2009 and it has gone thru a few faces mainly engine wise and some suspension updates here and there. Its been sitting for almost a decade. Moving it around and neglecting the thought of moving on from it due my sentiment towards the car. One of my favorite chassis of all time.

Now that the time and cash flow is decent and some what fluent even during this Covid-19 BS that we all living now. I've put in some work thanks to my wife and some of my close friends. I've put together a decent K24a with an ITB setup. Hope I can make a thread that I can document and make friends here with along the way to its completion.

Still in the process of the build ill post up b pictures as to where the DA was back in its prime to getting ready to stretch the legs once more and this time for good.

Process will be slow as I'm a full time truck driver husband and a father of 2 so bare with me lol
Feel free to comment! Looking forward to this again!

Pictures on this post are some of the last pics of when I drove the car prior to 2011.
It had a b20 with b16 LSD trans competition clutch stg5 an your normal I/H/E setup for the extra humph.

- Migz
IMG_20161028_083648.jpg
DSC01078.jpg

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Fast forward 4years later after neglecting the car with another build i had going on; 00 forester lowered the thing and enjoyed the off time from the DA build.
IMG_4798_zps40e9ac6a.jpg

Also had a bike 08 ZX6R

IMG_20160522_233555.jpg

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The neglecting got serious and kept putting the DA in the back burner. Kept moving the car around some garages. The previous garage i had,i left it there for a few years due to work and my kids arriving by Storks. Lol

One day during 2017 I took it to my cousin's old house to keep it dry and boy was I pist at my negligence and for the owner of the garage I had it in..
Long story short there was a huge water leak thru stress cracks concrete ceiling, mattress above my car so it advanced the growth on rusty and exposed raw metal and w.e New England rusted panels became worse!

20171125_163512.jpg

Moved it and sat for about another year and 6 months until I moved it again to my current garage that I have for the last year and where it will be until I buy my first home when ever that happens.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
In between all the moving I've collected a few things .. my first K24a2 from some guy on my way back with the wife from NY to MA. That k24 needed lots of love .. had spun a bearing but nothing else wrong I kept it for a bit. Sold it and started fresh.
IMG_20150429_144841_zpsusnk4bxk.jpg

Then acquired some TWM 52mm ITB

Screenshot_20170407-161144.png

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Very nice, looks like a very nice ITB setup clumbz! What is your power goal and application for it?
Thanks bro!
I honestly don't have a set power goal but it should hit anywhere 245ish-260ish.
As I bring you guys up to date you'll see why🍿😎

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Some time has passed again and sold that ugly k24 and picked up my current jdm K24a. Bought it from now a good friend name Dave Marino from DMautoparts out of upstate NY.
20190317_210238.jpg

Is a stock Jdm K24a rbb-2 so yea real VTEC! Lol. It was just starting to become spring of 2019. My cousin had called telling me he was about to move out to another place and our cars needed to relocate. So I found a garage near by that was decently priced and the owner was a close friend from another cousin of mine. That sealed the deal lol .. the pics will show from where it was .. to where it moved.
20190720_151935.jpg

20190720_151904.jpg
20190720_151918.jpg

To its new home she goes!

20190725_190143.jpg
Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content
20190725_190126.jpg

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
6,525 Posts
I honestly don't have a set power goal but it should hit anywhere 245ish-260ish.
Very nice goal specification 😉 . I am looking forward to see how you wanna realize it. If you need help, let me know it.

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
6,525 Posts
Some time has passed again and sold that ugly k24 and picked up my current jdm K24a. Bought it from now a good friend name Dave Marino from DMautoparts out of upstate NY.
Oh fine, I know Dave from the forum here. Very nice and busy guy. Please say greatings from Markus.

Is a stock Jdm K24a rbb-2 so yea real VTEC!
Very nice. How does it compare it to a K24A2 emission and parts wise?

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh fine, I know Dave from the forum here. Very nice and busy guy. Please say greatings from Markus.

Very nice. How does it compare it to a K24A2 emission and parts wise?
Will do! He's very awesome guy blessed to have him in somewhat my circle lol he's about 3hrs away otherwise I'd bugging him daily lmao

As of the k24a2 to the k24a rbb-2
They both share dual Vtec
And if not mistaken I believe it may be both in the odyssey absolute and in the CL9 accord to us the Acura TSX in the states from 04-08

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
6,525 Posts
Will do! He's very awesome guy blessed to have him in somewhat my circle lol he's about 3hrs away otherwise I'd bugging him daily lmao
Thanks man!

As of the k24a2 to the k24a rbb-2...They both share dual Vtec
And if not mistaken I believe it may be both in the odyssey absolute and in the CL9 accord to us the Acura TSX in the states from 04-08
Thanks for your information. I didn't find any info on the K-series site of wikipedia to that derivate.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks man!

Thanks for your information. I didn't find any info on the K-series site of wikipedia to that derivate.
No worries homie!
Yea crazy thing is I recently found out about that myself around the time I picked this up last year

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
6,525 Posts
How much place is offered by the ITR under the mid tunnel. Is there room for nice designed 4-2-1 headers? I just know the older chassis here in Germany. I am not aware of seeing the one you have here.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
How much place is offered by the ITR under the mid tunnel. Is there room for nice designed 4-2-1 headers? I just know the older chassis here in Germany. I am not aware of seeing the one you have here.
There's better room in the ITR compared to my car. My integra is an oddball.. literally has little to no love in terms of chassis choice.
Heck, there's more love towards the EF chassis than the one I own..
I think that's more of my drive to get it accomplished and somewhat finalized maybe others would find these cars and build them.

As header fitment any header that would fit as a swap header would fit nice with little to no modifications towards the subframe.
Hopefully I answered your question correctly lol
-miguel
-migz

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
6,525 Posts
There's better room in the ITR compared to my car. My integra is an oddball.. literally has little to no love in terms of chassis choice.
Heck, there's more love towards the EF chassis than the one I own..
I think that's more of my drive to get it accomplished and somewhat finalized maybe others would find these cars and build them.

As header fitment any header that would fit as a swap header would fit nice with little to no modifications towards the subframe.
Hopefully I answered your question correctly lol
-miguel
-migz
Ah, thanks. That chassis you own wasn't sold here in Europe. I am not a big Honda chassis knower, so I have to wiki it. Does it share the double wish-bone axis like the Civic end of the 80'ies?

Header is an important topic when it comes to power. I am looking forward to see more of your ideas to that.
Markus

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ah, thanks. That chassis you own wasn't sold here in Europe. I am not a big Honda chassis knower, so I have to wiki it. Does it share the double wish-bone axis like the Civic end of the 80'ies?

Header is an important topic when it comes to power. I am looking forward to see more of your ideas to that.
Markus
It does. Here in the states thats when the DOHC Vtec was first introduced in '92

So far as header goes I have a few ideas..
The pinnacle of header options is definitely getting one custom made.
I found a header from back then called All in Fab. In really good condition. I need to modify my subframe in order for that to work.
I also found another one Rcrew 3in collector.
But if that doesn't pan out I was thinking of getting a commonly used header brand with a megaphone and a 3in collect that i know fits. I believe the brand in 1320performance.
-migz

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
A few days went by and thought if washing off all that grime to asses and brainstorm all that rust build up ... ugh! .....anddd that damage to the bumper and fender -_-

20190827_181724.jpg
20190827_181833.jpg
20190827_181805.jpg

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Let's fast forward a bit. Winter hit holidays kicked in. After all the drama with the kids and wife for their Xmas gifts and celebrations, we all had amazing holidays and a great new year celebration. Onto what 2020 has brought to the table. My wife knows how much I want to get the ball rolling once and for all on this build of mine.
She's the best, let me tell you.

Thanks to the wife I got mainly all I needed to get this engine setup up to date.
Type-S oil pump kit.
Timing chain with tensioner + guides.
50*vtc gear.
Drag cartel 2.2 endurance cams.
Drag cartel chain guide.
Supertech 92lbs dual springs.
Supertech HD retainers and keepers.
Supertech seats and valve seals.

20200330_184223.jpg
20200330_192410.jpg

On the pics above also is included are some of the tools needed to do the work.

Air line to keep valves from falling.
K-motor spring compressor tool.
Red line assembly lube.
Bearing HD grease.

·
Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
6,525 Posts
...Onto what 2020 has brought to the table. My wife knows how much I want to get the ball rolling once and for all on this build of mine.
She's the best, let me tell you.
She must be amazing :giggle: as it looks like full list of parts on the table!

...Drag cartel 2.2 endurance cams.
Now we came nearer to the final engine setup 🆙.

So the short block will be left untouched, just checked towards it's healthyness, Migz?

1 - 20 of 133 Posts