Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 154 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's my 1995 ex coupe (paradise blue/greenish teal what ever u call it) MY first car!

I'm a B-series guy, my first swap was a 01 usdm R, sold it and bought a JDM R swap from a buddie...bigg improvement over the usdm R...

and Now K24a2/type s tranny swap...

and with on the pics starting from back in 2001 when i bought it from the First owner! :silly:

Stock oL d16/ aem brakes and big ol 17's ebay headlights, and system

got a mugennnnn lip/ fake :p

And then i get rear ended by a stupid **** in a focus, and pushes me into a newer mustang and i go under his bumper..(i had a tralier hitch on it at the time so no damage to the read end :p AND totals out the car.

bought it back from insurace and got it fixed

junkyard fixing!! w00t!

and getting it fixed for real..

new headlights lol

ok...skip on to the swap...

at a oLDDDDD autoX course goofin off

OLDDD PICTURE

AND THEN THE usdm rRRRR lol :p

AND THEN THIS BULL$%!*N HAPPENDS ON THE WAY TO WORK t-BONEDD!!!! =[ TOTALS IT OUT AGIN!!

and bye bye usdm R

Hello JDM b18c arghh! =]

type r seats (soldd)

honda meet in Charlotte nc, at the honda dealership summer of 2009

Well, what happend to me in aug i had gotten caught Street racing prearranged on interstate 485, it made the news hte news paper and everything lol...took my car, and me to jail...

went to court over the next 7 months..after it was all said in done i got my car takin for 11months and lost my license for a year..

and they couldnt take my car for GOOD nor good they give it back bc off the "non street legal mods LMAO'' char court system is ****ed up for real lol

well i had to take the motor out and give it to them..(def was NOT stolen of course) and they let me keep the shell....stupid i know right?!?!

and..here we are the point of the build to build it BIGGER and wayyYYYYyyyy better!!

the start..

how it looked when i was caught racing..(never lost)

the build

bye bye beater motor

5 lug done!

shaved bay! and chasebays brake tuck!!

beaks tie bar, rear itr swap bar, blox control arms (trying to sell i want fuction7)

and how it sits right now!

^ that was just a test fit, parts i still need...

pull motor out drop steering race and put in a manual rack (tranny hits the rack!? Ekk2 mounts its weird..and Paint the engine bay..ive been lazy lol

chasebays CM2 harness (ordered and should be here in the coming week)
6 puck clutch, act flywheel
karcepts rbc adapter
k20 tuned rad and slim fans
Kpro
axels
hybrid fuel rail and fuel lines, tucked gold rail, black fuel lines, fittings etc
hybrid shifter box and cables
small stuff like new fender, headlight bolts etc from honda...gotta make it fresh lol
header....thinking about going boost so not sure if ill stay na or not...

so far its a 06 tsx motor with RBC and K20a Tb (thanks Turboman02)..Still need adatper, and type s trans (thanks Ferreira)

stay tuned!!!!

·
Registered
12,507 Posts
looks almost exactly like a former friend of mines car before it got painted in the first few pics. chasebays, 5 lug??.... where are the pics? cant believe your front end damage was worse than the rear, lol

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thank ya!

i have till july 6th of this year to get it done, i get my license back then and i can finally start driving my self to work agin lol..i hate not being able to drive..but i can save so much $$

i cant wait to bring it out and do a shoot with her!

so much more to do before shes done, hell there never done

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
looks almost exactly like a former friend of mines car before i painted it. chasebays, 5 lug??.... where are the pics? cant believe your front end damage was worse than the rear, lol
all new pics are upp! alot to upload lol

·
Registered
12,507 Posts
looks good, that sucks about your license, but atleast downtime is going well, good excuse to do some work, lol, looks good so far, and ekk2 mounts????? where did this come from??? shouldnt be hitting the steering rack, are you sure you have the right mounts, egk1's:confused:

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
looks good, that sucks about your license, but atleast downtime is going well, good excuse to do some work, lol, looks good so far, and ekk2 mounts????? where did this come from??? shouldnt be hitting the steering rack, are you sure you have the right mounts, egk1's:confused:
well i know the pass side mount is..it says it on the bottem..i got the rest used and there for a eg..but the tans barley touches the steering rack...powersteering rack..

imma getting a manual rack thur so it will fix the problem, no worries!

ill try to get some pics of that tmr and see why its hitting

·
Registered
12,507 Posts
well i know the pass side mount is..it says it on the bottem..i got the rest used and there for a eg..but the tans barley touches the steering rack...powersteering rack..

imma getting a manual rack thur so it will fix the problem, no worries!

ill try to get some pics of that tmr and see why its hitting
its close in my integra with power rack , but it shouldnt be like that , take some pics of it, which mounts do you have Hasport?

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
its close in my integra with power rack , but it shouldnt be like that , take some pics of it, which mounts do you have Hasport?
yupp hasport and its reallllyyyy close cant really tell if its touching or not, but i took some pics with my iphone, there shitty but i can see it..im trying to get em off my email

·
Registered
12,507 Posts
hmmmm, looks different than my steering rack, its been awhile siince ive had an EG , thought they were the same, guess not, idk?? lol cant find a good pic in my thread of mine, my shifter cables run by there

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hmmmm, looks different than my steering rack, its been awhile siince ive had an EG , thought they were the same, guess not, idk?? lol cant find a good pic in my thread of mine, my shifter cables run by there
yeah me either..idkk? thinking about shaving down the rack right there just a little or swapping out the whole rack...

does the hasports let the motor move any? or just solid as a rock?

·
Registered
12,507 Posts
yeah me either..idkk? thinking about shaving down the rack right there just a little or swapping out the whole rack...

does the hasports let the motor move any? or just solid as a rock?
pretty solid, i have my overflow bottle really really close to my alternator and it wont hit it!!! thought id have to relocate it, but guess not, lol and you'll just have to ask another EG owner about that rack?

·
Registered
90 Posts
That thing has been through hell and back. Good job, looking forward to seeing it complete.

·
Premium Member
15,548 Posts
R u gona drop the car more or raise it up a little? I plan on doing a k20 on my ej1 coupe but I don't know how the drop would look?

Clean car btw

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Nooo just the passanger side mount says ekk1 I belive I order it from k20tuned it's for the eg civic...it's all for a eg civic..

Idk why but the tranny barley touches the steering rack in the picture above^^ but today I just pulled the motor back out and about to weld in the pass side bracket and finish up some touches before it goes to paint soon..

Still waiting on my cm2 harness, clutch and flywheel..I hate waiting on stuff to come in the mail!! =P

1 - 20 of 154 Posts