Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I would appreciate any feedback from this:

I am in the process of buying new rims but plan to buy a big brake kit also. Some kits require this and that minimum rim diameter. Should I just go with 18s...Also, I was wondering what is the maximum width of the rims that I can get that could still allow to fully turn the steering wheel? This one guy said he put 18x8 on his and says that there was no problem, is this true? Thanks alot! :roll:

·
Registered
27 Posts
DTranJDMDC5 said:

I am in the process of buying new rims but plan to buy a big brake kit also. Some kits require this and that minimum rim diameter. Should I just go with 18s...Also, I was wondering what is the maximum width of the rims that I can get that could still allow to fully turn the steering wheel? This one guy said he put 18x8 on his and says that there was no problem, is this true? Thanks alot! :roll:

I work at an Acura dealership. I talked to my parts guy, he told me a dealer in California has done 20x8. He said realistically 19x8. I have seen and driven an RSX with 19x8, no problems.

·
Registered
15,814 Posts
92 Si since you work at the dealer you can tell us the prices for

RSX shift cables
RSX Shifter Box
RSX main engine harness (type-s)
RSX axles

Thanks a lot,

Nikos

·
Registered
929 Posts
Primary o2 sensor called air fuel ratio sensor
TPS
synchros for 1st and 2nd
3-6th
shift knob
oil pans just incase

·
Registered
27 Posts
Here are the parts prices that you request.

Shifter Cables 346.36
Shifter Box 89.81
Main Engine Harness 333.02
Axles (ea) 630.49
O2 Sensors 290.59
Syncros (2nd) 383.33
Syncros (3rd) 333.51
Syncros (5th-6th) set 292.18 We couldnt find 1st&4th.

I hope this information helps. For q's contact Johnny [email protected]. He's the parts guy.

·
Premium Member
456 Posts
DTranJDMDC5 said:

17x7 don't need it any bigger, thats all big brakes kits need to fit. You don't need bigger, or I will start calling you RICER!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey thanks alot for the feedback...I just wanted to know cuz I wanted to put the biggest or close to biggest brake kit on my rsx...i will prolly go w/ 18x8 or 17x8....i'll need the extra width later because I do plan to swap out my k20a3 for k20a...i already estimated complete swap w/ labor is around 7, but I have to convert tranny from auto to stick...anyone got an estimate for mounting parts, miscellaneous parts required?

·
Registered
24 Posts
C-Zero said:
DTranJDMDC5 said:

17x7 don't need it any bigger, thats all big brakes kits need to fit. You don't need bigger, or I will start calling you RICER!!!
I would agree... 17 is probably ideal for the wheel base width, etc. 19's have been put on the chassis, but obviously that is a quite large wheel. Personally, I wouldnt go with anything any bigger than an 18, simply because Im more interested in function over fashion. +3 and above, tends to be just for vanity. Unless that is you are pushing insane amounts of Hp, and need some more surface area for grip.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts