Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats the maximum safe boost i should run on a K20A3 motor with stock internals ?
Its running...
HKS Turbo
HKS Front Mounted Intercooler
HKS Oil Cooler
KOYO Racing Radiator
HKS FCon V Pro Stand Alone Fuel Managment
Aftermarket Race Fuel Pump
NISMO 480cc Injectors
Race Manifold with Screamer pipe
etc.

Taking it out on its first VIP trackday, it will be competing against supercars and i wanna show them up but not whilst sacraficing my engine so if anyone can be of any help. Thanks

· Registered
39 Posts
its all in the tunning, some ppl i know have been running 12psi on there d/d on pump without any problems. st00pid (stupid fast) said they could get 375-400 to the ground when i called them about my a3 turbo setup. you should see how much they got out of a a2 on stock internals. but there also badd asss with the tunning. ive been spraying the shit out of my a3 (90-100 shot) while im building my a2, and its been holding up fine on stock tune. so i guess the best thing to do is take it to a VERY good tunner and go from there....good luck :up:

· Registered
39 Posts
another prime example of poor tunning, ask st00id what he thinks, he has alot of experience with stock motor turbo setups. st00pid made 634 whp with a a2 with stock internals :dance: . stoopid fast said i could get 350 whp on pump gas with my a3 daily driven......i trust em....but yea like stated with a poor tune any motor could mess up at low boost....but i would stay around 12 just to be on the safe side...

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The problem is that no one in this stupid country of mine has the software to tune HKS FCon V Pro equipped cars. I have to take it to another country simply to have it mapped but that would be very expensive and its definitly not going to happen before the VIP Trackday on Saturday so im just going to run about 1.0 bar (14psi) of boost and see if its still running correct air/fuel ratio and not lean, if it runs lean at any point ill lower the boost. The car may have uprated internals also but i wont know until i open it up which probably isnt goin to happen either.

· Banned
513 Posts
With out proper tuning, which is more than just air/fuel you will blow it up on 14psi. I ran 15 with head studs & a 9.1 cometic head gasket & a great tune from evans tuning. Now I've moved on to bigger & better things.
BTW it made 300 whp & 265wtq.

· Registered
214 Posts
ditch that Fcon shit and get KPRO asap. u shouldn't trust anything else for the k-series.

also, get RC 650cc injectors and a boost controller. 480cc may hold u back but u have that fuel pump (dont recognize the brand). usually ppl use Bosche's or walbro 255 pump on the k-series.

as for the limit on a3, its all in the tuning. st00pid tuned my car. my boost level is 12psi, but the greddy spikes up to 16-17psi. motor still holding strong, auto tranny as well. but since you're in Ireland, try to find a tuner willing to learn kpro.

you dont want to boost too high without an efficient intercooler b/c it'll be just blowing hot air into your motor.

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not many trustworthy tuners here, theres only 1 in country who has the software to tune mine and i dont know/trust him and he's far away.

Dunno cc etc. of fuel pump but id say its well sufficient, its huge. Its got a massive front mounted HKS intercooler so id say ill be alright there. Also, its got HKS EVC IV boost controller. Loads other stuff also but didnt mention it in the post.

Thanks for the reply to my post anyway, i'll let you's know how i get on at the track.

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, i the clutch started slipping very badly by the second lap at the VIP Trackday so i had to retire for the day. Its fine for regular driving but under boost and cornering etc it slips. UP until that point i was stuck to the back bumper of a GT2 Porsche and this is the first time i had ever driven it.
Guess i'll be posting a thread about clutches now...
Perhaps the clutch isnt fcuked tho, it hadnt been used in about 6 months before this trackday, what are peoples opinions ?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts