Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Map Sensor Issue and Other Kpro issues? Please Help Me!

Ok here is the deal I just finished my kswap and its running horrible, I ordered an etune from evan's tuning. He has sent me a base map and it is uploaded. The issue is it is cutting in and out and wanting to choke itself out once you get it running though it idles fine. I have driven it 3 times and I will take off in first gear and have to shift quick to second gear to keep it from stalling once this is done the car runs ok mid range 2-5k rpms but top end it wants to cut out again. When I plug my computer up it says the map is reading 8.9 I know that should be much lower. Also it is keeping the injectors open to long and it is running rich. My question is, is there an issue with my ecu or something else, I know I have to datalog it and send it to him for him to make it run good but I need it to run better just to datalog. It is a stock map sensor and I have swapped it out with another one to make sure it wasn't bad.
Ecu bad, need a bar 3-4 map sensor, or other issue????
My specs are
K24a1 block
K20a2 head
JRSC 9-10psi pulley
RC650s
kswap header
cold air intake
the swap is in a 2000 honda civic si
FPR is set at 45psi
I am wanting this to run so I can race it in the coming weeks, so I can wax this kid who is taking smack.:D
Please help
Thanks

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have talked to Jeff about the issue and he said it could be one of many things, I guess I will just datalog it and send it to him. Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts