Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I been having this problem for while now hopfully someone can help me out. My car only starts if i switch the map sensor and the tps around. It idles high around 2grand and i can hear it rumbling like missfiring. When it's in the right spot it wont start up just cranks feels like it wants to catch but just wont fire up. So can someone please help me out. Oh yeah motor is a k24a4 with a type r ecu. Thanks

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes the throttle body if a k24a4 also.. everything is stock on there. I'm using the rsx type s engine harness.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah i think it's my map sensor too. I'll let you guys know by next week i'm going to order one at the honda dealer for 50 bucks. so if anyone else got any other suggestion just let me know. thanks

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
are you on kpro? if so, look at your sensors page and see what throttle position is at idle. is the tps on the inside or outside (is it on the firewall side of the throttle body or the radiator side)? if it's on the inside, you'll have to switch the wires on your rsx harness because the tps is reading 100% rather than 0%

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the tps sensor is on the throttle body facing the firewall in front of the car. what do u mean by switching the wire on the rsx harness could you explain that to me a little bit more?

·
one
1,489 Posts
the tps sensor is on the throttle body facing the firewall in front of the car. what do u mean by switching the wire on the rsx harness could you explain that to me a little bit more?
Well before you do all that, if you have k pro do the following. With the ignition in the on position (with the car off), datalog and look at the sensors. See what your TPS values are with the gas pedals depressed, the gradully press on it and see if the TPS values follow the gas pedal. Also, tell us what the value for your map sensor is.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
on the rsx-s and ep3, the tps is on the outside facing the radiator. if you're using the inside style tps with the rsx-s wiring harness, your signal and ref voltage is reversed and will read 100% throttle when it's 0% and vice versa. you'll want to switch the yellow/red wire and the other wire that's NOT green/black (i don't remember what the other color is off the top of my head). basically, leave the green/black where it's at and switch the other 2.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hey i just did wat u told me. start right up and idle at 1500 maybe cuz it's not warmed up and it doesn't misfire no more either. BUT i can't rev pass 2 or 3 grand wen i floor it he rev to 3grand and it drops and backfire. so any other suggestion?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
it comes on wen i start up the car. i'm going to bring it to advance auto part tomorrow to check all the codes and i'll get back to u alright? thanks man ur a good help..

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
it's in a 94 civic.. i let it warm up and it still idle kinna high at 2 grand. Got any idea what that might be? i check for vacuum leaks theres none. You think my throttle body gasket is leaking? I cover the throttle body with my hand while it's on and the car shuts off so i think it's good am i right?

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
your iacv's probably stuck open. while it's idling at 2 grand, unplug the iacv and see what happens. if nothing happens, take it off and clean it. since it's a 94 civic, you should be able to jump the service check connector and read the flashes on the gauge cluster. if you don't have a k line, advance auto parts won't be able to help you anyway.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
well i think i have it cause i got the hybrid racing conversion harness.. and i'ma go try n pull out the iac in a bit n let u no wah happens..

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
DO not run that engine with that ECU untill it has Kpro in it. You will tear up the rockers as it is trying to engage vtec too high for that design. Also the fuel maps will be Totally wrong. You will end up with a pile of junk shortly without Kpro.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts