Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as the title says how can this be done. Basically i want a destroker motor since im going to boost it. I dont want that much torque because of the traction issues, so i thought i came across a motor that could rev to 12,500. Lead me in the right path guys.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
as the title says how can this be done. Basically i want a destroker motor since im going to boost it. I dont want that much torque because of the traction issues, so i thought i came across a motor that could rev to 12,500. Lead me in the right path guys.
Contact Oside Jim. He is selling the block you are looking for.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Its not impossible but just cost $$$. Sleeves, Pistons, Rods, Valvetrain, Valves, some head work and a dry sump oil setup. Also sending oil to the #5 cam journals from an outside line should do the trick. But I don't think anyone makes a camshaft that is setup for boost at 10,000 rpm and your power will most likely start dropping off after the 9-10 mark anyway unless you were to have a custom set of cams made for your particular setup.

Parker

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok i have done a little bit of searching but really no help
My goal is to really put that redline up to 9000 period. Hell 12,500 is crazy and i dont think i can make a oil pump support that unless i go dry sump system. Thats a extra 9-10k so ill pass on that.

I have a k24a4 block, do i need to get the k24a2 because of the oil squirters on the tsx block? I need help trying to get the bottom end built for turbo and high revving at the same time. Is this going to be that hard?

I see others doing this but i really cant find a hardcore build.

Let me know what you guys think.

·
one
1,489 Posts
I have a k24a4 block, do i need to get the k24a2 because of the oil squirters on the tsx block?
Forged internals do not need oil squirters. That oil pressure is better off for your bearing in this scenario.

I need help trying to get the bottom end built for turbo and high revving at the same time. Is this going to be that hard?
Contact ERL. They are going to be your best choice in helping you deciding components and building this type of setup.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts