Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys,

so i've been using the oem main harness location on my ek civic to run my main harness through, however the fumes and whatnot that flow through the firewall opening is starting to bother me a little bit. i was wondering if someone found a way to make a grommet work in the oem location for a main harness with a kswap harness, like the way a b/d series is. main harness goes through the hole but has a grommet to seal up vapours

i'm assuming that if you cut the d/b series one to wrap it around the k harness, it wont seal back properly and defeats the purpose of the grommet.

any help would be awesome! thanks in advance

·
Registered
209 Posts
all you have to do is get a B/D series harness rubber grommet, depin the plugs on the K harness so the wires will fit through the grommet, then repin the plugs. are you sure that's the problem though? you may just be smelling the fumes from the gas tank, since it does vent right behind the subframe. do you still have your charcoal box?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.