Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the process of boosting my 07 accord and I'm having a bit of trouble with MAP and MAF Sensors. My current setup is

Stock K24A8 + A2 Manifold
Bosch 1000cc Injectors
DW 265LPH Fuel Pump
Stock Rail No Regulator
2.5 Straight pipe with cutout
CXRacing TSX turbo kit (nearly the exact same chassis as CM5)
Ktuner End User

- Expecting 250-300hp

I haven't got the turbo in yet as I need the car running at the moment, just have all the parts. What confuses me is the MAF sensor. I'm planning on switching the stock MAP to a Ktuned 4 Bar Map sensor, but what happens to the MAF Sensor? Will the car even be able to idle? I also have some questions about the 06 k24a2 I just got. Seems to have gone through some abuse as the clutch pressure plate has gone to shits and the owner explained to me that it happened when he was doing 130mph. He didn't know the mileage on it, but should I rebuild it and possibly build it? Plan on doing under 400hp daily reliably on the a2. I was thinking Supertech springs and retainers. RBC Mani. ARP Studs. and 50 deg VTC Gear. Is that good enough for 4 years of reliable 400hp or should the block be built too. If I sound like a dumbass lmk what I said or planned wrong.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I don't think any of those generation hondas have a maf sensor. Are you possibly mistaking the iat (inlet air temp) sensor for a maf sensor?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It does have a MAF Sensor. 03-05 Accord didn’t have it. Those were also drive by cable. Those are a lot easier to boost, upgrade and swap, but i didn’t know when I bought this thing sophomore year.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts