Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Damn man the things I do for my car, im gonna have to rent a truck, pick up the engine, lug it 50 miles to the shop where theyre gonna do the work, back home another 50 miles, then drive my car another 50 miles to the shop, u talking about a busy busy day. The truck wont cost too much 90 bux including the mileage but the gas on a F-150 is gonna be pretty high

·
Registered
919 Posts
doesn't sound like much to me.

i had to drive 1.5 hours to drop off my car and new motor. then drive back home. Go back to pick up my car and drive it back home. Then rent a truck to pick up my stock motor and drive it back to my house to unload. Then return the truck and drive an another hour to a shop to get my car tuned. This of course happened over a weeks course.

it's all part of the game my friend.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I havent even thought about my stock motor...but im gonna be doin all the main commuting in one day...most likely sometime this week...how much more does the K20 weigh than the D17

·
Registered
919 Posts
not sure, i used a cherry picker each time. I think there was a 200lb diff. from reading somewhere a while back, but don't quote me on it.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
200lb difference? I think not.

·
Registered
919 Posts
^ def. which is why i said don't quote me on it. How much do you think it's more?

·
Registered
173 Posts
I was told 150lbs difference, but the way I think about it is that after getting rid of a/c, p/s, and having a lightweight battery in my car, it's probably now the same weight as it was with the d17 or less.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I was told 150lbs difference, but the way I think about it is that after getting rid of a/c, p/s, having a lightweight battery, other random weight savings, it's probably now the same weight as it was with the d17 or less.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
i drove 12 hours each way to get my swap , lol. or should i say donor rsx-s smashed. trailored the car home.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts