Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
10,383 Posts
Welcome @Jdmpowa to K20a.org. It took a long time for your first post ;).

Looking to go fueltech. What all will i need for ft550.?
Definitely competences in using that SW and HW. The setup of the FT550 for the K-series is not easy, a base map with all stock sensors setups would safe you a bunch of time. The iVTEC setup is a challenge, as it is no plug and play. You need to use e.g. the boost controller for the VTC actuation and for the high side output signal for the VTEC pin control. If you are not well into tuning or at least with FT software I would recommend you to search for both, a basemap and a helping hand which knows its stuff. From my experience its an interesting alternative standalone system with its unique selling point monitor. I like it, its quite flexible for the price and value, but I don't recommend it really for beginners without a helping hand aside.

Harness is doable, just don't use there own universal stuff, doesn't fit well. The best you build your own adapter harness. If done right, this would be a got step up in learning the FT550 more deep.

10,383 Posts

10,383 Posts
No i don't.
Do you have an tuner with one? Of course it is possible to write it yourself if you know all the sensor specifications you are using. But tuning still would start from a scratch level, which would make it a bit more expensive due to the bigger effort.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts