Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the setup. JDM K20A motor, TWM 52MM ITB's, Toda 12:1 pistons, Toda spec C cams(VTC deleted), 880 cc injectors. This setup is in an 02 Acura RSX. I can get the motor to run really shitty for about a second on a base map that was in the k-pro software. It is the K20A2 ITB's 440 map. The map was written for a higher octane so I took some timing out like it suggested. The garage I am trying to get this to run in is only 40 degrees so that might have a little to do with it. I am not at all familiar with ITB setups and I would just like to get it to idle and I should be fine from there. I guess what my question would be is what base map should I use or what mods should I make to the existing map to get it to run? I already changed the injector size to 880 in the map but that is all I have done. Also I am very new to tuning. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
unless you have a map sensor mounted properly to use , you need to run alphaN based index im pretty sure. i dont have much experience with ITB's. go to the MAP tab in parameters and click the circle for alpha N. see if it runs.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Just use a vacuum log with a line from each itb (after the throttle) to the vacuum log. Mount the map sensor in the vacuum log.

You should be able to get it to run with that set up.

Here is a pic of my set up.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I do have a map sensor hooked up. I am using a vacuum block. There is a hose behind each throttle plate they all run to the vacuum block and the map sensor is installed in the same block. As for the alpha map I tried clicking that tab and it still didn't run. The plugs are soaked in gas so I'm going to clean them tomorrow morning at work and try again to run it tomorrow night. Im hoping that maybe its just flooded at this point. Thanks for the ideas.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
maybe a stupid question as well , but are you running a resister box and all wired good?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There is no resistor box on the injectors. I was told they were direct replacements. Everything is wired Ok as far as I can tell. The motor ran very poorly for about a year(it was in a show car so all it did was pull on and off of a trailer). Now I am trying to get it to run properly after the car sat for two years. I can't even get it to idle it just sputters for a bit and dies. I did not get around to trying to run it again tonight I will try tomorrow. When the car ran poorly it was only running on 20 Psi of fuel pressure. Now I have it at 55 and can't even get it to run. I believe it is all in the tuning but I could be wrong. Nothing has really changed from when it ran. The only thing I noticed is the fuel pressure drops off pretty fast after the pump is done priming but there is no leaks. While cranking and pump running pressure is Ok. Probably a defective check valve in the pump. Injectors don't seem to be leaking either. Thanks for the response.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts