Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

Formerly unix4linux
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello Members!

Looking through the tuner database post, I could not find e-tuners for KTuner for a couple of reasons:

Turbogixxer - their site has a page that does not render at all for their tuning info. Very little info as well

tomzautotuning.com - this page is dead

I also found Vittuning.com, which was recommended by KTuner, but that page is also dead.

After hitting a few snags in trying to locate a reputable e-tuner, I turn here for assistance. Let me preface with the following:

This is for a 2003 Honda Accord EX-L. This car had a K24A4 engine, which I swapped out for a K24A engine. It is completely stock and has zero modifications but running a 6 speed manual transmission (TSX) instead of the original 5 speed the Accord came with. The intention here is to just have a stock daily commuter vehicle. I'm not looking for power gain's but more for a stock reliable performative vehicle. I have e RAD-A54 Accord socketed KTuner ECU. Because all I need is a stock map and not looking for anything more than what the manufacturer tunes the engine for, I'm interested in just an E-Tune.

When I say this vehicle is stock, I really mean stock. For example, I have (all from Honda Manufacturing):
  • Stock internals
  • Stock air box and filter and intake (plastic/rubber charge pipe)
  • Stock intake manifold
  • Stock throttle body from Accord (cable not DBW)
  • Stock exhaust manifold
  • Stock cat and exhaust
  • Power steering
  • A/C
  • Stock K24A injectors
  • Stock Accord fuel pump
  • No EVAP
  • Stock clutch and flywheel
  • Stock VTC for K24A
In other words, everything designed by Honda for this engine is exactly what it has. The only aftermarket alteration is the socketed Accord ECU with KTuner.

Any recommendations on a tuner that can provide an E-Tune? I already have the KTuner TSX basemap loaded from KTuner but I am not certain if this is enough for my needs, which is just a daily driven vehicle to and from work and also to commute with my family. I'm looking for reliability above all.

I'm located in Central Florida.

Thanks!

Registered
96 civic HX K24a
Hello Members!

Looking through the tuner database post, I could not find e-tuners for KTuner for a couple of reasons:

Turbogixxer - their site has a page that does not render at all for their tuning info. Very little info as well

tomzautotuning.com - this page is dead

I also found Vittuning.com, which was recommended by KTuner, but that page is also dead.

After hitting a few snags in trying to locate a reputable e-tuner, I turn here for assistance. Let me preface with the following:

This is for a 2003 Honda Accord EX-L. This car had a K24A4 engine, which I swapped out for a K24A engine. It is completely stock and has zero modifications but running a 6 speed manual transmission (TSX) instead of the original 5 speed the Accord came with. The intention here is to just have a stock daily commuter vehicle. I'm not looking for power gain's but more for a stock reliable performative vehicle. I have e RAD-A54 Accord socketed KTuner ECU. Because all I need is a stock map and not looking for anything more than what the manufacturer tunes the engine for, I'm interested in just an E-Tune.

When I say this vehicle is stock, I really mean stock. For example, I have (all from Honda Manufacturing):
  • Stock internals
  • Stock air box and filter and intake (plastic/rubber charge pipe)
  • Stock intake manifold
  • Stock throttle body from Accord (cable not DBW)
  • Stock exhaust manifold
  • Stock cat and exhaust
  • Power steering
  • A/C
  • Stock K24A injectors
  • Stock Accord fuel pump
  • No EVAP
  • Stock clutch and flywheel
In other words, everything designed by Honda for this engine is exactly what it has. The only aftermarket alteration is the socketed Accord ECU with KTuner.

Any recommendations on a tuner that can provide an E-Tune? I already have the KTuner TSX basemap loaded from KTuner but I am not certain if this is enough for my needs, which is just a daily driven vehicle to and from work and also to commute with my family. I'm looking for reliability above all.

I'm located in Central Florida.

Thanks!
I see a lot of guys in Florida use javi tuned or derf tuned. Both do remote tuning im pretty sure.

Formerly unix4linux
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I see a lot of guys in Florida use javi tuned or derf tuned. Both do remote tuning im pretty sure.
Thanks, I'll check them out!

Formerly unix4linux
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
KTuner need too much invest for e-tuners to unlock the software. I would need to invest 400$ to enable it.
I'm not sure I follow what you mean here. I have the software downloaded and the ECU is already socketed. I'm assuming I just have to send some data logs for an E-Tune.

Formerly unix4linux
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
To be able to alter the data one need a hardware Dongle.
Are you referring to the Flash version? I have the socketed ECU with a USB cable that goes into the ECU and I can see the data on the software via my laptop. I haven't touched any of the mapping/ignition data yet but I have loaded maps, disabled EVAP and Immobolizer so far.

Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
Are you referring to the Flash version? I have the socketed ECU with a USB cable that goes into the ECU and I can see the data on the software via my laptop. I haven't touched any of the mapping/ignition data yet but I have loaded maps, disabled EVAP and Immobolizer so far.
You mean you have a KTunerECU in ECU hardware? Mmmhhh...

Formerly unix4linux
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You mean you have a KTunerECU in ECU hardware? Mmmhhh...
I have a module from KTuner inside of my ECU, which I connect to via USB using the KTuner Software interface

Registered
I believe the OP is referring to End User daughter board. Full custom mapping, essentially equivalent to Kpro of the same application. Any tuner can download the software for free to load maps and logs and alter files, send revisions, etc without owning anything (again, like Kmanager for Kpro).

Mak

Reactions: KBuilt

Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
Any tuner can download the software for free to load maps and logs and alter files, send revisions, etc without owning anything (again, like Kmanager for Kpro).
I have tried it several times yesterday. The download process stopped at around 80 %, telling me the execution file is corrupt and need to be stopped for safety reasons. Maybe I am the only one, which is not able. If you know a solution, I am interested.

Formerly unix4linux
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have tried it several times yesterday. The download process stopped at around 80 %, telling me the execution file is corrupt and need to be stopped for safety reasons. Maybe I am the only one, which is not able. If you know a solution, I am interested.
So are you saying the software is not downloading for you? If that's the issue, I can download it, zip it up and email it to you. Let me know if that would be helpful

Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
I emailed you a copy with a link from Google Drive. Let me know if that works
Download worked fine. Installation too. During program opening I got 23 different failure messages, like string data type missing, plug in missing and so on. I've deleted it, it's not made for my OS (Win10) and the CPU.

Formerly unix4linux
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
That's strange. I am a Linux user but I run it on a Windows 10 VM just fine using Virtualbox. Either way, thanks a bunch for trying anyway!

Arouse the DAMPFHAMMER!
That's strange. I am a Linux user but I run it on a Windows 10 VM just fine using Virtualbox. Either way, thanks a bunch for trying anyway!
Definitely, but don't mind it Teedohs, the SW did cause the same issues when I've downloaded it about 10 months ago from the website. Seems to be an issue with the actual individual setup of my system. Unfortunately I can't help you. Maybe we can check it out by remote.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts