Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone knowany companies making an equal length manifold for the k-series engine. I searched the following:

hytech- wanted 1600 for equal length manifold.really nice though.
sfp- looks more like a log style manifold.
lovefab-no plans in making one yet
full-race- makeing a manifold for k20's in an ek.
import builders- they have a manifold. Talked to jeff and said there was no warranty and the manifold had to be braced.
nu-image motorsports- they're in the process of making one.

If anyone else has any info on where To get one made let me know. I'm in north carolina and looking for an eastcoast shop that can do one for me.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
brian g said:
How much Hp do you need to make, we made 450 with a Rev Hard manifold? Do you need equal Length?

brian g
I making around 330 with a dented 3" downpipe(wheelhop) and 2.25 magnaflow exhaust. I'm just trying to get an efficient setup. I'm currently updating my setup, so I figured why not look for a better manifold. I currently have a cybernation manifold. I haven't had any problems with my manifold, but always looking for something better. Here's what I'm getting done in the next couple of weeks:

SC61
tial 38mm wastegate
hondata k-pro
precision 780cc injectors w/resistor box
walboro 255lph intank fuel pump
3" downpipe
3" custom exhaust

I know I can only run 11lbs till the release of the 3bar map sensor. What are you guys using for engine manegement to make 450?What turbo and how many lbs to get 450? This was race gas right? I'm looking for around 375 on pump and a little over 400 on race gas.

·
Registered
599 Posts
k20em2 said:
I know I can only run 11lbs till the release of the 3bar map sensor. What are you guys using for engine manegement to make 450?What turbo and how many lbs to get 450? This was race gas right? I'm looking for around 375 on pump and a little over 400 on race gas.
My set-up was Rev Hard Civic Si stage 1 turbo kit.
660cc injectors
19lbs of boost
AEM ECM
AEM C2DI
AEM pressure transducer (for MAP)
Thermal 2.5" exhaust

We ran the ECU with a high and low boost setting. The low boost setting ran between 12 to 15 lbs depending on the gear. I don't remember the low boost HP but it will be in the next issue of Sport Compact Car.

The new setup will be around 28-30 lbs of boost. That's our car that Full Race is prototyping the EK manifold on. By the way, their new manifold will work on EGs and DC2s as well. We expect the new car will have upwards of 650 hp.

brian g

·
Registered
1 Posts
k20em2 said:
Does anyone knowany companies making an equal length manifold for the k-series engine. I searched the following:

hytech- wanted 1600 for equal length manifold.really nice though.
sfp- looks more like a log style manifold.
lovefab-no plans in making one yet
full-race- makeing a manifold for k20's in an ek.
import builders- they have a manifold. Talked to jeff and said there was no warranty and the manifold had to be braced.
nu-image motorsports- they're in the process of making one.

If anyone else has any info on where To get one made let me know. I'm in north carolina and looking for an eastcoast shop that can do one for me.
We will be working on our manifold in the next weeks. I will keep you all posted on this thread and if you want any details on it email me, i'm trying to put together a mailing list of ppl who are interested so we can get some feedback on it.

Mike
1FAB

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ML1,

I already contacted you guys on honda-tech. Since I'm currently getting a new downpipe made. I might have to stay with my current manifold. How much are you charging for both manifold and downpipe?I'm looking forward to seeing pics of the manifold.

·
Registered
929 Posts
inlinepro.com

they should have theirs done in next couple weeks also.

·
Registered
2 Posts
SO who has their manifold ready? i'm in the proccess of changing my setup from a greddy kit that netted me 303 whp and 270tq Sae corrected.
I need a manifold that has a t3/t4 style flange and if you have a down pipe that goes with it, let me know
If there is any companies out there that would like to use me as a betta tester, PM me please.
My current setup on my rsx-s is
Greddy turbo kit
greddy frount mount
Greddy boost controller
Thermal 3 " exhaust
750cc injectors
Hondata Kpro
Water/methanol injection kit (For the Hi boost settings)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I got to see the actual full-race manifold @boosted-hybrids shop. The rsx or civic si engine bay is too small to get the manifold to fit. If you take out some of the ac components and piping you might be able to make it fit.

just wait for the one fab manifold.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
i'll be me making a custom race-only manifold that will mount somewhere outside the engine bay next year

It will be equal length and the turbo would probably be a sc61 or gt35r

Mikey

·
Registered
986 Posts
it may not crack now but it will sure rust or crack later. :D

1 - 20 of 25 Posts