Honda / Acura K20a K24a Engine Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is for my K20A DC2, I'm currently in the market for a 4-2-1 race header. I know there is the RCREW header, the DTR one, and the Prototype Racing header (would anyone happened to have Prototype Racing's phone number by the way? If so please let me know it'd be greatly appreciated).

My question is, how does all 3 of these compare? Power wise and quality wise. Best bang for the buck? Any informations would be great. :)

Thanks in advance,
SK

·
Banned
15,811 Posts
YOu did forget the hytech header and the true race header. I am sure there are more high end headers.

I would say the hytech , dtr fab and prototype racing header are in the same league. Last time I heard the prototype one goes for $1600, the hytech one around $1400 the true race and the dtr fab one go for $1000.

The rcrew header is more like a dtr fab copy, mass produced. If you compare the 2 designs you will see that they are pretty similar.

That is the main reason why the dtr fab went down in price, to compete with the replica. I paid $1250 for one of the first ones

·
Registered
245 Posts
non vtec said:
DTR-FAB has got it going on. Great quality of workmanship. Personally I had never seen welds that nice in my life..
Hey Gary, what did you pay for it if you don't mind me asking? I've spoken to Evan about getting my swap done and it comes in under budget so I should be set in a couple of months. We only really talked about a Pro-1 header but I didn't get the price on it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.